Job offersmore »
- General Manager, King George, Virginia, United States
- Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia
- Account Manager - Netherlands
- International Account Manager Tomato
- Experienced Tomato Grower - China
- CITRUS COMMERCIAL - Spain
- Account Manager Groene Ruimte en Pest Control Nederland
- Junior Accountmanager
- Junior Sales Engineer
- Junior Sales Engineer
Last commentsmore »
- Romania: Flower demand up for Valentine’s Day, Dragobete (1)
- Florists wanted for British Flowers Week photoshoot (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (396)
- Roses Forever's new spray rose remembers John Williams (1)
- Second edition Flower Expo Poland now open for registration (1)
- Ethiopia: "Employees are our most valuable assets" (1)
- Taiwan: Taichung to host flora expo in 2018 (1)
- New orchid found in Costa Rica (1)
- How do you develop biological pesticides? (1)
- NL: A look behind the scenes at alstroemeria breeder, propagator (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Interflora España expands to PortugalThe Spanish subsidiary of Interflora announces its arrival in Portugal in January 2017.
The company expects that a network of 150-200 Portuguese florists will join the system, in short or medium term.
With a network of 1,600 associated florists, in 2015, Interflora España had a turnover of €15 million (+5%), and expects a rise of 2-4% in 2016. The Ebitda of 2015 was €1.5 million and expected to be €1.6 million in 2016. The company has a staff of 35 people in Spain.
After the success achieved in the summer of 2015 with the launch of a teddy bear, an exclusive design of the Spanish toymaker Famosa, the company will continue with the commercialization of products to accompany the flowers. Its new ally will be an Ecuadorian chocolate tablet from Pacari, a fair trade firm.
According to its general manager, Eduardo González, an average Spanish buyer of flowers spends around €50 per year. In Spain, 35% of purchase orders occur on Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day.
Source: Cinco Días / Agroberichten Buitenland
Publication date: 1/3/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.