Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (775)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (2)
- US: Deadline is February 1st for AFE Scholarship applications (1)
- Video: the distribution center of the future (1)
- Hydroponically grown chrysanthemum show good results in summer (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (3)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (4)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (7)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Rose Parade shines spotlight on local flowersThe annual Tournament of Roses Parade presents a stage like no other for the U.S. floral industry. More than a million people attend the event live. Millions and millions more watch on television. A remarkable flower focused event that kicks off the New Year.
Front and center this year will be four entries featuring California Grown flowers. Miracle Gro, Cal Poly Universities, FTD and the California Milk Advisory Board, all past Rose Parade award winners, will be certified "California Grown" for their entries that will feature at least 85 percent of flowers from California.
Miracle Gro's float theme is "Everything's Coming Up Roses," while Cal Poly Universities float is called "A New Leaf."
The Milk Advisory Board says its theme, "Legacy of Generations," pays homage to the success that comes from the knowledge passed from generation to generation and the essential partnership among farmers, the land, the animals and their communities.
FTD, the Official Floral Partner of the Tournament of Roses will use California Grown flowers to decorate it's 11 parade vehicles.
As part of the festivities leading up to the parade, California flower farmers will be volunteering as ambassadors during "Deco Week." These ambassadors speak with the crowds, answer questions and tell the story of how the flowers made their way from "farm to float."
For more information:
California Cut Flower Commission
PO Box 90225, Santa Barbara, CA
Publication date: 1/3/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.