Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1175)
- First record of the fungus Blumeriella kerriae in the UK (1)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (38)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (17)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (3)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Rose Parade shines spotlight on local flowersThe annual Tournament of Roses Parade presents a stage like no other for the U.S. floral industry. More than a million people attend the event live. Millions and millions more watch on television. A remarkable flower focused event that kicks off the New Year.
Front and center this year will be four entries featuring California Grown flowers. Miracle Gro, Cal Poly Universities, FTD and the California Milk Advisory Board, all past Rose Parade award winners, will be certified "California Grown" for their entries that will feature at least 85 percent of flowers from California.
Miracle Gro's float theme is "Everything's Coming Up Roses," while Cal Poly Universities float is called "A New Leaf."
The Milk Advisory Board says its theme, "Legacy of Generations," pays homage to the success that comes from the knowledge passed from generation to generation and the essential partnership among farmers, the land, the animals and their communities.
FTD, the Official Floral Partner of the Tournament of Roses will use California Grown flowers to decorate it's 11 parade vehicles.
As part of the festivities leading up to the parade, California flower farmers will be volunteering as ambassadors during "Deco Week." These ambassadors speak with the crowds, answer questions and tell the story of how the flowers made their way from "farm to float."
For more information:
California Cut Flower Commission
PO Box 90225, Santa Barbara, CA
Publication date: 1/3/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.