Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (673)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (27)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (25)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (16)
- "Plum Power forever" (17)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (24)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
- How can we make millennials purchase flowers again? (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenyan bank refuses to disclose information on disputed flower firm loanA bank has appealed against a decision of the high court that it manufactured statements of accounts of a company it advanced a loan 27 years ago to finance a flower project in Nyandarua County.
The Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB), which advanced a loan to Benjoh Amalgamated Limited in 1989, is asking the court of appeal to quash the finding of a former High Court judge that it “had manufactured the statement of accounts of the company.”
Benjoh had disputed the outstanding loan amount the bank demanded saying it did not know how a figure of Sh70 million (680,000 USD) was arrived at as no proper statement of accounts was availed to it on request.
KCB had asked the late Justice Joyce Khaminwa to dismiss the case by Benjoh seeking the accounts saying the issue had been revisited in 18 previous cases.
Benjoh says the amount demanded by the bank between May 9, 1996 and May 9, 2006 was Sh143,844,249.59 (1.4 million USD).
Read more at the Daily Nation
Publication date: 1/3/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.