Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (673)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (27)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (25)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (16)
- "Plum Power forever" (17)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (24)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
- How can we make millennials purchase flowers again? (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Foremostco and Corn.Bak partner for bromeliad productionForemostco, a Florida based producer and distributor of young plants, and Corn.Bak, based in Assendelft, the Netherlands, one of the four largest breeders and producers of Bromeliads in the world, announce an agreement of cooperation for the North American market. Effective immediately, Foremostco will begin producing young plants propagated from Corn.Bak’s varieties for rooting and distribution throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, and as of January 1, 2018 Foremostco will be the exclusive source of their young plant varieties in these key markets. Joe Roberts, President of Foremostco said “With this agreement we can ensure the North American Bromeliad growers have access to a consistent and uniform quality propagule of Corn.Bak’s exceptional product line”.
Elly and Peter Bak of Corn.Bak see this as a fresh new start for a long existing market. “This cooperation gives Corn.Bak the opportunity to deliver to all our North American customers a rooted adapted product. The new varieties are now more accessible with Foremostco being an easy reliable and known access point for the customer. Corn.Bak is excited about this new step”.
Foremostco has since 2007 been cooperating with Exotic Plant based out of Laarne, Belgium and Shanghai, China, to produce and distribute their entire innovative product line of Bromeliads. Caroline de Meyer and Luc Pieters are fourth generation breeders of Bromeliads who have created a multinational production and breeding powerhouse. By combining their Tissue Culture capabilities with their breeding knowledge, they have made great advances in creating a uniform product range, focusing on vibrant colored varieties that are easy to produce.
Roberts added, ”This is a truly exciting opportunity for the Foremost Team to work so closely with the world’s two top breeders and producers of Bromeliads. Our experience with Exotic Plant for these past years has allowed us to continuously improve our quality and ability to deliver what our Grower Customers want, when they want it, and of a quality that allows them to maximize their success. Adding Corn.Bak’s assortment of equally cutting-edge breeding creates an opportunity for our customers to access a highly complete assortment of Bromeliad varieties. This will allow them to increasingly fine tune their production and thus maximize profitability.”
For more information:
Publication date: 1/4/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.