Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (956)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Griffin expands in ColoradoGriffin will open an all-new service center in Aurora, Colo., early this year. The 18,500 square-foot facility will become the fifteenth branch location for Griffin, and the company’s first hard-goods distribution center west of Pennsylvania.
“For several years, Griffin has been working to bring our complete product offering to customers nationwide,” explained Craig Hyslip, chief operating officer at Griffin. “Establishing a distribution center in Colorado is a logical next step in our progression toward that goal.”
While Griffin has had live-goods representation in Colorado for many years, the company began establishing hard-goods roots at the beginning of 2016, with the hiring of Bob Conner as its first hard-goods sales representative in the area. “The response has been fantastic, and the territory has developed quickly,” Hyslip confirmed. “Growers in Colorado are seeing the benefits of our integrated solutions. We’re eager to strengthen our connection to these customers, and to be able to serve them with greater speed and efficiency through a local distribution center.”
Inventory at the new Aurora branch will focus on primarily hard goods, along with select retail products. Griffin indicates the product mix will include grower staples such as containers, growing media, fertilizers, chemical controls and coverings. Specific items and vendors will be catered to the needs and preferences of growers in the Rocky Mountain region.
John Hyslip will oversee the Aurora branch as western regional operations manager for Griffin. He comes to the role with several years of site-management experience, having previously served as branch manager for the Griffin facility in Cheshire, Conn. Prior to that, John was warehouse manager for the company’s Morgantown, Penn., branch.
Griffin is set to open its Aurora, Colo., branch in February.
For more information:
1619 Main Street
Tewksbury, MA 01876
Publication date: 1/4/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.