Job offersmore »
- General Manager, King George, Virginia, United States
- Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia
- Account Manager - Netherlands
- International Account Manager Tomato
- Experienced Tomato Grower - China
- CITRUS COMMERCIAL - Spain
- Account Manager Groene Ruimte en Pest Control Nederland
- Junior Accountmanager
- Junior Sales Engineer
- Junior Sales Engineer
Last commentsmore »
- Romania: Flower demand up for Valentine’s Day, Dragobete (1)
- Florists wanted for British Flowers Week photoshoot (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (396)
- Roses Forever's new spray rose remembers John Williams (1)
- Second edition Flower Expo Poland now open for registration (1)
- Ethiopia: "Employees are our most valuable assets" (1)
- Taiwan: Taichung to host flora expo in 2018 (1)
- New orchid found in Costa Rica (1)
- How do you develop biological pesticides? (1)
- NL: A look behind the scenes at alstroemeria breeder, propagator (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Flower bouquet exports by countryFlower bouquet exports by country totaled US$7.9 billion in 2015 down by an average -6.5% for all flower bouquet shippers over the five-year period starting in 2011 when flower bouquets shipments were valued at $8.4 billion. Year over year, the value of global flower bouquet exports depreciated by -12.8% from 2014 to 2015.
Among continents, European countries accounted for the highest dollar value worth of flower bouquet exports during 2015 with shipments amounting to $3.6 billion or 46.4% of global flower exports. Latin America (excluding Mexico) and Caribbean countries accounted for 27.8%, followed by African exporters at 17.9%, Asian suppliers at 6.3% and North American sources at 1.4%.
Below are the 15 countries that exported the highest dollar value worth of flower bouquet during 2015:
- Netherlands: US$3.2 billion (40.3% of total flower bouquets exports)
- Colombia: $1.3 billion (16.5%)
- Ecuador: $819.9 million (10.4%)
- Ethiopia: $662.4 million (8.4%)
- Kenya: $661.9 million (8.4%)
- Malaysia: $98.1 million (1.2%)
- China: $87.2 million (1.1%)
- Belgium: $85 million (1.1%)
- Italy: $84.2 million (1.1%)
- Germany: $82.9 million (1.1%)
- Lithuania: $80.2 million (1%)
- Israel: $68.8 million (0.9%)
- Thailand: $67.2 million (0.9%)
- Canada: $44.3 million (0.6%)
- Spain: $38.2 million (0.5%)
Those countries that posted declines in their exported flower bouquets sales were led by: Belgium (down -67.1%), Israel (down -26.3%), Netherlands (down -26.1%) and Thailand (down -17.2%).
The listed 15 countries shipped 93.4% of all flower bouquet exports in 2015 (by value).
Source: World's Top Exports
Publication date: 1/4/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.