Job offersmore »
- Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor) - Fresno (CA), USA
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (776)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (2)
- US: Deadline is February 1st for AFE Scholarship applications (1)
- Video: the distribution center of the future (1)
- Hydroponically grown chrysanthemum show good results in summer (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (3)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (4)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (7)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Parfum Flower Company
The 5 most popular garden roses of 2016The year 2016 has come to an end. The Parfum Flower Company researched their website and social channels, trying to find the answer to a burning question: what are the most popular garden roses of 2016? Which varieties did you like the most? Used the most? Talked about the most?
#5 David Austin Wedding Rose ''Patience''
The David Austin Wedding Rose Patience is a buttermilk rose with ruffled petals reminiscent of fine lace. The creamy yellow buds gradually open out fully to form flat, medium-sized rosettes. The many frilled petals are arranged around a classic button eye. There are approximately 165 small petals packed into each bloom of the David Austin Wedding rose Patience.
There is a fresh old rose fragrance with elements of fruit, lilac and myrrh. The fragrance is medium-strong at first, but softens as the blooms age, later developing lemony notes. The romantic colour helps to make the David Austin Wedding Rose Patience a highly desirable wedding flower. Depending on how they are styled, these versatile, creamy white blooms can bring a traditional old-world character to floral designs. In more contemporary interpretations, ‘Patience’ has a natural radiance, freshness and charm. Patience is one of the seven heavenly virtues.
#4 Princesse Charlene de Monaco Roses from the Meilland Jardin & Parfum collection
The Rose Princess Charlene of Monaco offers gradient pastels in delicate, salmon-pink. It is a great rose with surprisingly few petals. It has a sweet and fruity fragrance. The rose Princesse Charlene de Monaco holds well in a fully open form. A great performer with medium-long vase life.
The Rose Princesse Charlene de Monaco is suitable for flower arrangements, bridal bouquets and blush weddings. Or just as an eye-catching “mono-floral” bouquet of only Princesse Charlene de Monaco roses in a nice vase.
#3 White O’Hara from Georges Delbard
The premium scented garden rose White O’hara, is a large, French, white rose, with a slight ivory tinge at the center, that opens up fully in a quartered way. While the name of this variety is called “White O’hara” the petals of this garden rose has a touch of pink that gives it a blush tone.
The scented garden rose white O’Hara has a more traditional rose shape, but is filled with layers and layers of petals that give a wonderful rose scent. White O’hara would be perfect to use in bouquets or centerpieces for a romantic garden wedding or mix with pinks for a charming bridal or baby shower.
The scented garden rose White O’Hara is very fragrant (5 stars out of 5) and often used for weddings and special events. It is hardy to ship and its vase life is extraordinary. The premium scented garden rose White O’Hara is also a delicate, highly fragrant garden rose.
#2 David Austin Wedding Rose ''Keira''
The David Austin Wedding Rose Keira has natural charm and vintage-style blooms. This unusual rose breaks all the normal rules for the cut flower industry, because each rose is subtly different in color, being a blend of blush pink and cream, often with warm peachy highlights. Some blooms have an irregular flush of pink that highlights the edge of the outer petals, creating a very soft picotee effect.
The flowers of the David Austin Wedding Rose Keira are beautiful at all stages: the small, plump buds opening into glorious, rounded young blooms that eventually form cupped rosettes, each with around 100 petals. The edges of the outer petals have an attractive, lightly waved effect. There is a medium-strong rose fragrance.
This David Austin Wedding Rose Keira looks like it has been freshly cut from the garden. This makes it particularly effective when combined with seasonal flowers, herbs and foliage for a romantic, garden-inspired look.
#1 David Austin Wedding Rose ''Juliet''
The unusual and sophisticated color of the David Austin Wedding Rose Juliet was not found in roses of the past and is hard to find among modern roses. Pale peach buds open to reveal deeper inner tones neatly arranged within the heart of the bloom. Cupped rosettes are held upright on strong stems. A light fragrance reminiscent of snowdrop and daffodil.
The David Austin Wedding Rose Juliet has the lightest fragrance of PFC cut roses. Despite this, it is always one of the most popular of their cut roses for weddings, commemorations, events and special occasions.
The large, elegant blooms made Juliet different from most other contemporary cut roses. When fully open, the blooms reveal many neatly-arranged petals nestling in folds within the heart of the bloom.
For more information:
Parfum Flower Company
1424 LA De Kwakel
+31 297 361006
Publication date: 1/5/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.