Job offersmore »
- General Manager, King George, Virginia, United States
- Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia
- Account Manager - Netherlands
- International Account Manager Tomato
- Experienced Tomato Grower - China
- CITRUS COMMERCIAL - Spain
- Account Manager Groene Ruimte en Pest Control Nederland
- Junior Accountmanager
- Junior Sales Engineer
- Junior Sales Engineer
Last commentsmore »
- Romania: Flower demand up for Valentine’s Day, Dragobete (1)
- Florists wanted for British Flowers Week photoshoot (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (396)
- Roses Forever's new spray rose remembers John Williams (1)
- Second edition Flower Expo Poland now open for registration (1)
- Ethiopia: "Employees are our most valuable assets" (1)
- Taiwan: Taichung to host flora expo in 2018 (1)
- New orchid found in Costa Rica (1)
- How do you develop biological pesticides? (1)
- NL: A look behind the scenes at alstroemeria breeder, propagator (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Turbulent start to 2017 for Kenyans as shilling slidesThe Kenyan shilling has started the year on a turbulent note, slipping to a 15-month low against the US dollar and setting local consumers up for higher cost of imported goods as well as a steep rise in electricity bills.
“The shilling opened the year under pressure from importers, losing ground [to the dollar]. This trend is expected to remain throughout the week and we may see the regulator stepping in to manage volatility,” fixed income analysts at Genghis Capital said in a brief.
The importers are looking to fill their dollar requirements after the holidays, when most had stayed off the market.
Reports indicated that the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) had moved into the market to sell an undisclosed amount of dollars in a bid to stave off extreme exchange rate volatility.
Foreign exchange reserves held by the CBK have over the past one month fallen by $318 million (Sh33 billion) to $6.97 billion — equivalent to 4.56 months of import cover.
Read more at Business Daily
Publication date: 1/5/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.