Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (425)
- Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farms (1)
- Weight, drain and real time plant activity analysis become grower's sixth sense (1)
- Terra Nova offers sneak peek of 'peacock tail' begonia (1)
- Romania: Flower demand up for Valentineís Day, Dragobete (1)
- Florists wanted for British Flowers Week photoshoot (1)
- Roses Forever's new spray rose remembers John Williams (1)
- Second edition Flower Expo Poland now open for registration (1)
- Ethiopia: "Employees are our most valuable assets" (1)
- Taiwan: Taichung to host flora expo in 2018 (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Futurescape seminars explored benefits of plantsIn November efig hosted two seminars at Futurescape. These were attended by more than 70 people. If you weren't able to be there, efig thought you might be interested in this synopsis of the discussions.
The future of interior landscaping
The panel for the seminar was Thomas Palfreyman of Urban Planters, Matt Gavin of ISS Landscaping and Benoit Pelleriaux of AnyGreen in Belgium and also the Chair of EILO. William Braid of Plant Designs London moderated.
They covered a wide range of topics including:
- Is technology a long-term threat?
- How to encourage the next generation to enter the industry
- The likelihood of government introducing horticulture into the national curriculum
- Whether companies need to or should diversify
- Was any pressure being put on government to specify plants in buildings?
- Multi-layered buying
- Green walls and the 'next big concept/product'
Publication date: 1/6/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.