Job offersmore »
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (438)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
- Cyberflora marks new era in digital trade fairs (1)
- Canada: Propagator Bevo Farms now offering Sedum Tiles (1)
- Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farms (1)
- Weight, drain and real time plant activity analysis become grower's sixth sense (1)
- Terra Nova offers sneak peek of 'peacock tail' begonia (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Malaysia: Chrysanthemum and kalanchoe popular for Chinese New YearMalaysian nursery owners have their hands full as they prepare their stock of lime or kumquat trees for Chinese New Year.
While sales for the trees are slowly picking up at this time, nurseries are expecting it to increase significantly after this week.
Hock Loke Siew Nursery & Landscaping owner Low Yoon Chin said like in previous years, customers would start buying two weeks before Chinese New Year.
In Sungai Buloh, Delima Tani (M) Sdn Bhd sales executive JC Goh agreed.
He explained it was a tradition to place lime and kumquat trees in front of the main door for good luck.
“In Cantonese, we call it dai gat dai lei, which means good luck and prosperity.
“Among other popular plants for Chinese New Year are the chrysanthemum and the kalanchoe flowering plants,” he said.
Read more at The Star Online
Publication date: 1/9/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.