Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (958)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Malaysia: Chrysanthemum and kalanchoe popular for Chinese New YearMalaysian nursery owners have their hands full as they prepare their stock of lime or kumquat trees for Chinese New Year.
While sales for the trees are slowly picking up at this time, nurseries are expecting it to increase significantly after this week.
Hock Loke Siew Nursery & Landscaping owner Low Yoon Chin said like in previous years, customers would start buying two weeks before Chinese New Year.
In Sungai Buloh, Delima Tani (M) Sdn Bhd sales executive JC Goh agreed.
He explained it was a tradition to place lime and kumquat trees in front of the main door for good luck.
“In Cantonese, we call it dai gat dai lei, which means good luck and prosperity.
“Among other popular plants for Chinese New Year are the chrysanthemum and the kalanchoe flowering plants,” he said.
Read more at The Star Online
Publication date: 1/9/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.