Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (673)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (27)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (25)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (16)
- "Plum Power forever" (17)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (24)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
- How can we make millennials purchase flowers again? (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Malaysia: Chrysanthemum and kalanchoe popular for Chinese New YearMalaysian nursery owners have their hands full as they prepare their stock of lime or kumquat trees for Chinese New Year.
While sales for the trees are slowly picking up at this time, nurseries are expecting it to increase significantly after this week.
Hock Loke Siew Nursery & Landscaping owner Low Yoon Chin said like in previous years, customers would start buying two weeks before Chinese New Year.
In Sungai Buloh, Delima Tani (M) Sdn Bhd sales executive JC Goh agreed.
He explained it was a tradition to place lime and kumquat trees in front of the main door for good luck.
“In Cantonese, we call it dai gat dai lei, which means good luck and prosperity.
“Among other popular plants for Chinese New Year are the chrysanthemum and the kalanchoe flowering plants,” he said.
Read more at The Star Online
Publication date: 1/9/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.