Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (958)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Eleven nominations for Show Your Colours Award IPM 2017Just as in previous years, participants in the international trade fair for plants, Internationale PflanzenMesse (IPM), in Essen (Germany) have been able to send in plants or plant concepts for the Show Your Colours Award IPM 2017. From the entries, eleven plants and/or plant concepts have ultimately been nominated, and they will be competing for the Show Your Colours Award IPM 2017. This annual prize will be awarded during a festive gathering on Thursday 26 January at 15.30 in the BIZZ Holland stand, Hall 12 at IPM Essen.
Products with something extra
A sole plant on the shelves sometimes does not suffice to tempt a consumer to buy. A garden plant can be very pretty by itself, but that is not always the case. With added value in the shape of a label, nice pot, well thought out concept, or simply by providing more information about the plant, a plant can generate additional attention. These days, companies make good use of this by giving their plant this 'something extra'. In order to motivate participants at the trade fair to put their products with something extra in the spotlight, the Show Your Colours Award IPM was introduced.
The nominations for Show Your Colours Award IPM 2017
In alphabetical order, the following eleven plants and/or plant concepts from the entries have been nominated to compete for the Show Your Colours Award IPM 2017:
- Campanula AMBELLA INTENSE PURPLE
- Clematis ‘Taiga’, Neuheit aus Japan!,
- Eryngium ebracteatum
- Hydrangea macrophylla THREE SISTERS,
- Ilex meserveae ‘Gentle’PBR (SMOOTHIE)
- Mentha requienii MATCH & MOSS MENTHOL
- Picea abies `Little Santa´
- Rosa in special packaging
- Salix gracilistyla ‘Mt. Aso’
- Waterplants, Carnivorplants, Cactus and Vegetable seeds in concept.
Prior to the fair, it is possible to digitally cast a vote for one of the eleven nominees. On the websites www.IPM-essen.de and www.bizzcommunications.nl, links will be available from Week 2 (9 January 2017) which lead directly to the poll. During the fair, visitors can also cast their votes by means of tokens until Thursday morning, in the BIZZ Holland stand in Hall 12 and in the corridor between Halls 5 and 10. On Thursday afternoon, the plants and their stories will be judged by a professional panel consisting of Monique van Weerdenburg, Key Account Manager of Royal Flora Holland and Board Member of the Foundation Professional Fair for Arboriculture; Sytse Berends, from Blunt Communicatieadvies; Oliver Mathys, of “I green you”; Andreas Henk, trade journalist Gabot – Das Gartenbau Portal; Oliver P. Kuhrt, Messe Essen; as well as a mystery member. The judges' decision, together with the votes via the poll and the tokens, will ultimately provide a winner. The prize will be awarded on Thursday afternoon, 26 January around 15.30 at the BIZZ Holland stand (stand number 12A40-10).
The Show Your Colours Award IPM 2017 is a cooperation of fair organisation IPM and BIZZ Communications.
Publication date: 1/10/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.