Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (440)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (3)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
- Cyberflora marks new era in digital trade fairs (1)
- Canada: Propagator Bevo Farms now offering Sedum Tiles (1)
- Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farms (1)
- Weight, drain and real time plant activity analysis become grower's sixth sense (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
SNA past president Richard L. "Dick" Ammon passes awayRichard L. "Dick" Ammon, age 87 died January the 1st at St. Elizabeth Hospice Unit in Edgewood. He was the founder of Ammon Landscape, Inc. in Burlington where he also resided. Richard was a member of Burlington Baptist Church.
Richard was born April 10, 1929, in Covington, Kentucky. He attended high school in Florence, and studied one year at the University of Kentucky. During his high school years, his father purchased a small farm that sparked his desire to learn how to grow plants. In 1949, he married the former Shirley Howard and they had two children.
Dick served as president of Southern Nursery Association (1974) and was a founding director of the Sidney B. Meadows Scholarship Endowment Fund (1989) and also served as president of the fund. He is also a past president of the Kentucky Nursery & Landscape Association and the Cincinnati Landscape Association.
He was preceded in death by a granddaughter. Survivors include his wife of 65 years Shirley Ammon; one daughter Pamela Bulla and a son Greg Ammon; 2 brothers Robert and Dr. John Ammon. Richard was Pawpaw to 4 grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren.
Visitation will be Thursday January 5th from 12 noon until 2pm at Linnemann Funeral Home and Event Center, Burlington. Funeral Service will follow at 2pm. Burial will be private in Hopeful Cemetery.
"SNA would like to express our sincere sympathy to the family of Dick Ammon. We are thankful for his dedication and the work he did for the association and our industry."
Source: Southern Nursery Association
Publication date: 1/10/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.