Job offersmore »
- General Manager, King George, Virginia, United States
- Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia
- Account Manager - Netherlands
- International Account Manager Tomato
- Experienced Tomato Grower - China
- CITRUS COMMERCIAL - Spain
- Account Manager Groene Ruimte en Pest Control Nederland
- Junior Accountmanager
- Junior Sales Engineer
- Junior Sales Engineer
Last commentsmore »
- Romania: Flower demand up for Valentine’s Day, Dragobete (1)
- Florists wanted for British Flowers Week photoshoot (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (396)
- Roses Forever's new spray rose remembers John Williams (1)
- Second edition Flower Expo Poland now open for registration (1)
- Ethiopia: "Employees are our most valuable assets" (1)
- Taiwan: Taichung to host flora expo in 2018 (1)
- New orchid found in Costa Rica (1)
- How do you develop biological pesticides? (1)
- NL: A look behind the scenes at alstroemeria breeder, propagator (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Overlapping portfolios clog Syngenta - Chemchina mergerChemChina and Syngenta AG have submitted formal remedies to the European Union in a bid to win regulatory approval of the Chinese state-owned company's $43 billion planned takeover of the Swiss pesticide-and-seed maker.
DowJones.com reports that the EU opened an in-depth review into the merger in October. At the time, it stressed that Syngenta and Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd., an Israeli maker of generic pesticides that is controlled by ChemChina, had "strong overlapping portfolios" of crop-protection products such as herbicides and insecticides.
The EU is weighing the ChemChina-Syngenta deal alongside two other major tie-ups in the global crop-seed industry: DuPont Co.'s planned merger with Dow Chemical Co. and Bayer AG's $57 billion takeover of Monsanto Co. In particular, the EU has been closely scrutinizing how the reduced number of industry players could impact innovation and research and development for new products.
Source : DowJones.com
Publication date: 1/11/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.