Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (422)
- Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farms (1)
- Weight, drain and real time plant activity analysis become grower's sixth sense (1)
- Terra Nova offers sneak peek of 'peacock tail' begonia (1)
- Romania: Flower demand up for Valentine’s Day, Dragobete (1)
- Florists wanted for British Flowers Week photoshoot (1)
- Roses Forever's new spray rose remembers John Williams (1)
- Second edition Flower Expo Poland now open for registration (1)
- Ethiopia: "Employees are our most valuable assets" (1)
- Taiwan: Taichung to host flora expo in 2018 (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New orchid found in Costa RicaA plant appreciated by Ticos went without a name until the fact that it didn’t match any known species came to light.
The botanist Marco Acuńa saw it in a garden of a house in Turrialba. It caught his attention because he was intrigued that it didn’t resemble any other orchid in the Sobralia genus.
He photographed it and sent the picture to colleagues at the Lankester Botanical Garden of the University of Costa Rica. It was identified as indeed being a “new species,” or an old one never before named, and baptized “Sobralia turrialbina.”
Read more at The Costa Rican Times
Publication date: 1/27/2017
Other news in this sector:
You have a nice site
Patrick jans, Nijlen (België), Antwerpen (email) - 1/28/2017 8:31:58 PM
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.