Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Last commentsmore »
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1172)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (34)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
- Hot flowers activate fire alarm, force jet into emergency landing (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hamish Ker, Oserian
“Roses with an edge”Oserian invested in geothermal energy in early 2000 with a view to making the business more efficient with increased productivity and reduced operational costs.
This article was written by Hamish Ker of Oserian
This strategy has served us well but with the ever increasing competition in the world of roses we have seen prices come under increasing pressure at a time when production costs have accelerated and Fair trade value has been diluted – with this in mind we refocused our energy to see what unique USP we could evolve that would best enhance the quality as well as the image/brand of Oserian roses.
Oserian is renowned globally for our leading “trading fairly” brand but we also wish to be famous for our roses in order to command a sustainable return and grow our market share in the premium segment of the global rose industry.
With the above in mind we embarked on a strategy a couple years ago to embrace niche high value genetics in order to expand our wholesale category and complement our well established retail rose business.
Today we have developed a number of premium lines in the market which are now gathering momentum and creating increasing focus on Oserian as the “one stop shop” for both retail lines but also now as a primary source of Rose innovation and high value collections.
Below are three of our most popular rose collections in 2017:
“Oserian Pastel + collection with Magic & Sorbert Avalanche+”
“Oserian exclusive Vuvuzela-Colours garden rose collection”
“Oserian classic pastel mixed rose collection”
For more information:
Publication date: 1/31/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.