Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (422)
- Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farms (1)
- Weight, drain and real time plant activity analysis become grower's sixth sense (1)
- Terra Nova offers sneak peek of 'peacock tail' begonia (1)
- Romania: Flower demand up for Valentine’s Day, Dragobete (1)
- Florists wanted for British Flowers Week photoshoot (1)
- Roses Forever's new spray rose remembers John Williams (1)
- Second edition Flower Expo Poland now open for registration (1)
- Ethiopia: "Employees are our most valuable assets" (1)
- Taiwan: Taichung to host flora expo in 2018 (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hamish Ker, Oserian
“Roses with an edge”Oserian invested in geothermal energy in early 2000 with a view to making the business more efficient with increased productivity and reduced operational costs.
This article was written by Hamish Ker of Oserian
This strategy has served us well but with the ever increasing competition in the world of roses we have seen prices come under increasing pressure at a time when production costs have accelerated and Fair trade value has been diluted – with this in mind we refocused our energy to see what unique USP we could evolve that would best enhance the quality as well as the image/brand of Oserian roses.
Oserian is renowned globally for our leading “trading fairly” brand but we also wish to be famous for our roses in order to command a sustainable return and grow our market share in the premium segment of the global rose industry.
With the above in mind we embarked on a strategy a couple years ago to embrace niche high value genetics in order to expand our wholesale category and complement our well established retail rose business.
Today we have developed a number of premium lines in the market which are now gathering momentum and creating increasing focus on Oserian as the “one stop shop” for both retail lines but also now as a primary source of Rose innovation and high value collections.
Below are three of our most popular rose collections in 2017:
“Oserian Pastel + collection with Magic & Sorbert Avalanche+”
“Oserian exclusive Vuvuzela-Colours garden rose collection”
“Oserian classic pastel mixed rose collection”
For more information:
Publication date: 1/31/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.