Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Last commentsmore »
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (185)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (12)
- US: Congressman visits florist (4)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (3)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (53)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1183)
- Photo Report: First edition HortEx Vietnam (3)
- Counting down to the Expo Flor Ecuador opening (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (18)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (7)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Disney and ASTA partner to tell the story of Better Seed, Better Life!While everyone loves Disney, attendees at ASTA's 56th annual Vegetable & Flower Seed Conference learned there was a more strategic reason why ASTA has brought a series of conventions to Disney properties two years in a row-this year in Orlando, and last year in Anaheim.
During the General Session, representatives from Disney's Horticulture team announced a partnership with ASTA to tell the story of the evolution of plant breeding and the "Magic of Seed" at their upcoming 24th Annual EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival. The festival has grown in popularity in each of its 20-plus years to an audience that is now over 7 million visitors!
The 2017 festival will feature an ASTA garden visually depicting the evolution of popular vegetables and flowers over the years, thanks to plant breeding. Through story-boards closely based on ASTA's Better Seed, Better Life communications initiative, and expert gardener and plant breeder speakers, the story of plant breeding will be brought to life in a very public way by the experienced storytellers of Disney's Horticulture team.
As part of the partnership, ASTA speakers will deliver a series of presentations during the festival's opening week, and festival attendees will receive Tomatosphere seed packets with Better Seed, Better Life branding. Additionally, master gardeners from the University of Florida will serve as greeters and informational resources for visitors on a series of displays about the value of seed throughout the Epcot Festival Center. ASTA's Communications Committee is planning promotion around the event, including a meeting in Orlando at the end of April to increase awareness.
Publication date: 2/14/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.