Job offersmore »
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
Last commentsmore »
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (4)
- "The future of Women’s Day is purple" (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (903)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (14)
- FlowersExpo’2017 and the Russian flower market (1)
- FloraHolland market information: less supply at Christmas (2)
- There's a bromeliad for everyone (3)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dümmen Orange reflects on FloraDecora 2017FloraDecora is a new trade fair for the floriculture sector which focuses on the combination of flowers, plants and home decor. What is unique about this new event is that business can be done on the spot. Dümmen Orange not only presented its own range at the trade show in the Frankfurt Messe, but also facilitated links between others in the sector such as growers, buyers and retailers, wholesalers, garden centres, florists, shopping centre managers, interiors specialists, designers and decorators.
Dümmen Orange’s stand presented new concepts in collaboration with Gerbera United, SKRoses on behalf of the Avalanche+ Cooperative, Van den Berg RoseS, Koen Pack B.V. and the De Haan Group. These included special selections, ready-made flower arrangements and innovative packaging concepts that fit well with the current botanical interiors trend which involves bringing more fresh flowers and plants into the home. In the demo area partner Koen Pack was able to show what’s possible in terms of packaging and presentation, and put together a concept on the spot if required.
"FloraDecora was very interesting for us because it drew on the traffic from the Christmasworld trade show which was held virtually simultaneously," says grower Jos van der Meijs of Van den Berg RoseS. "The collaboration within the supply chain is innovative and in line with what we expect to see in the future, and the stand looked great. The attendance by florists and retailers was a little disappointing - awareness of the trade show clearly still needs to grow. However, if I look at the costs and benefits for our company, I’m quite happy. The link between buyers and the trade in the green hall is particularly promising."
"FloraDecora is an opportunity for us as breeders to explore new markets with our customers and boost sales of fresh flowers and plants," says Roy van Kester, marketing specialist at Dümmen Orange. "We can display our fantastic products in an appealing interior-oriented setting in the way that the consumer will use them. In addition, it’s a practical trade show for direct discussions with the B2B and B2C links between our greenhouse and the final checkout. As well as gaining inspiration, we can do business on the spot, which is also handy."
For more information
Publication date: 2/15/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.