Job offersmore »
- Inside Sales Coordinator - USA
- Sales Engineer, Water - The Netherlands
- Crop care supervisor - Australia
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - India
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
- Business Advisor - China
Last commentsmore »
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (10)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (7)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (601)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (11)
- "Plum Power forever" (6)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (12)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Better shelf life, bigger and whiter flowers"
- US: Relief efforts underway for hurricane-impacted florists
- Best practices for commercial greenhouse construction projects
- Fresh Market Conference in Warsaw draws more international visitors
- Frans-Peter Dechering Commercial Director at Schoneveld Breeding
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dümmen Orange reflects on FloraDecora 2017FloraDecora is a new trade fair for the floriculture sector which focuses on the combination of flowers, plants and home decor. What is unique about this new event is that business can be done on the spot. Dümmen Orange not only presented its own range at the trade show in the Frankfurt Messe, but also facilitated links between others in the sector such as growers, buyers and retailers, wholesalers, garden centres, florists, shopping centre managers, interiors specialists, designers and decorators.
Dümmen Orange’s stand presented new concepts in collaboration with Gerbera United, SKRoses on behalf of the Avalanche+ Cooperative, Van den Berg RoseS, Koen Pack B.V. and the De Haan Group. These included special selections, ready-made flower arrangements and innovative packaging concepts that fit well with the current botanical interiors trend which involves bringing more fresh flowers and plants into the home. In the demo area partner Koen Pack was able to show what’s possible in terms of packaging and presentation, and put together a concept on the spot if required.
"FloraDecora was very interesting for us because it drew on the traffic from the Christmasworld trade show which was held virtually simultaneously," says grower Jos van der Meijs of Van den Berg RoseS. "The collaboration within the supply chain is innovative and in line with what we expect to see in the future, and the stand looked great. The attendance by florists and retailers was a little disappointing - awareness of the trade show clearly still needs to grow. However, if I look at the costs and benefits for our company, I’m quite happy. The link between buyers and the trade in the green hall is particularly promising."
"FloraDecora is an opportunity for us as breeders to explore new markets with our customers and boost sales of fresh flowers and plants," says Roy van Kester, marketing specialist at Dümmen Orange. "We can display our fantastic products in an appealing interior-oriented setting in the way that the consumer will use them. In addition, it’s a practical trade show for direct discussions with the B2B and B2C links between our greenhouse and the final checkout. As well as gaining inspiration, we can do business on the spot, which is also handy."
For more information
Publication date: 2/15/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.