Job offersmore »
- Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia
- Account Manager - Netherlands
- International Account Manager Tomato
- Experienced Tomato Grower - China
- CITRUS COMMERCIAL - Spain
- Account Manager Groene Ruimte en Pest Control Nederland
- Junior Accountmanager
- Junior Sales Engineer
- Junior Sales Engineer
- International Logistic and Product Supervisor - Rijnsburg, Holland
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (396)
- Roses Forever's new spray rose remembers John Williams (1)
- Second edition Flower Expo Poland now open for registration (1)
- Ethiopia: "Employees are our most valuable assets" (1)
- Taiwan: Taichung to host flora expo in 2018 (1)
- New orchid found in Costa Rica (1)
- How do you develop biological pesticides? (1)
- NL: A look behind the scenes at alstroemeria breeder, propagator (1)
- Kenya: New 10 ha farm for Mzurrie Flowers (1)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (ME): Maine land trusts, nurseries agree on invasive plant banLand trusts and nurseries are applauding a move by the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry to prohibit the sale and distribution of 33 invasive plant species.
“The plants on this list have invaded farms, fields, forests and wetlands throughout the state,” Walt Whitcomb, commissioner of agriculture, said in a press release.
“Although many were originally promoted with good intentions, they have spread throughout Maine to the detriment of native species,” Whitcomb added. “In many places they have come to dominate forests, wetlands, fields and local landscapes, excluding native plants that support our economy and natural areas.”
The new rule went into effect in mid-January, but the prohibition on sales does not begin until Jan. 1, 2018. Meanwhile, the department said, there are many non-invasive alternatives available to help homeowners and nursery professionals satisfy their landscape needs.
Click here to read the complete article at www.theforecaster.net
Publication date: 2/16/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.