Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1237)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (6)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (241)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (156)
- "Hydrangea market finally develops in a more quality oriented direction" (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (35)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (ME): Maine land trusts, nurseries agree on invasive plant banLand trusts and nurseries are applauding a move by the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry to prohibit the sale and distribution of 33 invasive plant species.
“The plants on this list have invaded farms, fields, forests and wetlands throughout the state,” Walt Whitcomb, commissioner of agriculture, said in a press release.
“Although many were originally promoted with good intentions, they have spread throughout Maine to the detriment of native species,” Whitcomb added. “In many places they have come to dominate forests, wetlands, fields and local landscapes, excluding native plants that support our economy and natural areas.”
The new rule went into effect in mid-January, but the prohibition on sales does not begin until Jan. 1, 2018. Meanwhile, the department said, there are many non-invasive alternatives available to help homeowners and nursery professionals satisfy their landscape needs.
Click here to read the complete article at www.theforecaster.net
Publication date: 2/16/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.