Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (957)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Roodenburg: "Then we might as well just stop"
Trump threatens to increase import tariffs on Dutch flowers and plantsLast year the Netherlands exported flowers and plants to the USA for a total value of more than EUR 300 million, but this just might come to an end soon. Trump intends to increase the import tariffs for numerous products by as much as 100 percent; besides flowers also tomatoes, peppers, onions and pork are listed. This proposal, which also includes many other products, came available for discussion last Wednesday.
Maybe the Dutch should send Donald a nice bouquet soon? Photo Credit: Arte Fuse
Commenting on the article in the Dutch magazine AD (Algemeen Dagblad) president VGB Robert Roodenburg said that naturally he is concerned about these plans. Indeed: "With an additional charge of 100 percent we might as well stop, because it will become impossible to compete."
The whole article can be read in Dutch at ad.nl
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.