Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1175)
- First record of the fungus Blumeriella kerriae in the UK (1)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (38)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (17)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (3)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Roodenburg: "Then we might as well just stop"
Trump threatens to increase import tariffs on Dutch flowers and plantsLast year the Netherlands exported flowers and plants to the USA for a total value of more than EUR 300 million, but this just might come to an end soon. Trump intends to increase the import tariffs for numerous products by as much as 100 percent; besides flowers also tomatoes, peppers, onions and pork are listed. This proposal, which also includes many other products, came available for discussion last Wednesday.
Maybe the Dutch should send Donald a nice bouquet soon? Photo Credit: Arte Fuse
Commenting on the article in the Dutch magazine AD (Algemeen Dagblad) president VGB Robert Roodenburg said that naturally he is concerned about these plans. Indeed: "With an additional charge of 100 percent we might as well stop, because it will become impossible to compete."
The whole article can be read in Dutch at ad.nl
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.