Job offersmore »
- Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia
- Account Manager - Netherlands
- International Account Manager Tomato
- Experienced Tomato Grower - China
- CITRUS COMMERCIAL - Spain
- Account Manager Groene Ruimte en Pest Control Nederland
- Junior Accountmanager
- Junior Sales Engineer
- Junior Sales Engineer
- International Logistic and Product Supervisor - Rijnsburg, Holland
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (396)
- Roses Forever's new spray rose remembers John Williams (1)
- Second edition Flower Expo Poland now open for registration (1)
- Ethiopia: "Employees are our most valuable assets" (1)
- Taiwan: Taichung to host flora expo in 2018 (1)
- New orchid found in Costa Rica (1)
- How do you develop biological pesticides? (1)
- NL: A look behind the scenes at alstroemeria breeder, propagator (1)
- Kenya: New 10 ha farm for Mzurrie Flowers (1)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
February 14-16, Gorinchem:
NL: HortiContact nearing the end
Today is the last day of the HortiContact. The industry is very positive: the stands are fully booked, there is ample work and many exhibitors are talking about new ideas, small projects, investments, etc.
Of course we are present to make a comprehensive report. Below you can already find a preview.
Clockwise from top left: Blooming Breeders presents the collaboration with Disney; the gentlemen of VaseLife are rapidly expanding their market; Smart2B has become supplier of Epson Color Works Benelux and is trailblazing under the name HortiPrint; Schreurs together with a handful of other breeders of ornamental plants, uphold the honor of the flower industry.
Disneyland Paris will get a real Dutch flower garden. Opposite the Newport Bay Club Hotel is a 3,000 m2 plot that will be filled with flowers supplied by Blooming Breeders and obviously with the aim to further improve the reputation of the Dutch flower industry internationally. It functions as a pilot and the final plan for the plot and its immediate surroundings is under discussion.
Onno Böcker and Nick MacDonald of Vaselife do not sit still. There is a lot in the pipeline - we will soon hear more about it - but also in the long term, Nick sees opportunities for expansion. One of them is packaging under controlled atmosphere. "The vegetables sector is really much further ahead here. Last week we visited Fruit Logistica to learn more about it and I believe that great progress can be made in the area of shelf life."
With Epson printers a grower or exporter can print waterproof labels and in color as well. Moreover, it can be done in a flexible manner and faster than with existing printers. Anton & zn. therefore strongly believe in the added value of the printers and of course hope to inform the visitors in as much detail as possible. Anton's Smart2B company is the dealer of the printers in the Benelux.
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.