Job offersmore »
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (438)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
- Cyberflora marks new era in digital trade fairs (1)
- Canada: Propagator Bevo Farms now offering Sedum Tiles (1)
- Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farms (1)
- Weight, drain and real time plant activity analysis become grower's sixth sense (1)
- Terra Nova offers sneak peek of 'peacock tail' begonia (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Syngenta Flowers launches two new flower series for 2017Breeders at Syngenta Flowers have been working overtime to bring not one but two “sun”-sational new varieties to home gardens this growing season — Sunfinity Sunflower and Obsession Cascade Verbena.
It took nearly 10 years to develop Sunfinity, Syngenta’s branded sunflower that offers nonstop blooming, multiple branches, and more flowers all season long. Unlike traditional sunflowers that produce one flower late in the season and then die, Sunfinity will continually bloom, with an average of 50 blooms per plant from late spring through late summer or fall.
“Sunfinity has generated enormous enthusiasm,” said Sean Valk, head of Marketing, Syngenta Flowers. “We haven’t heard this much buzz since we introduced our Calliope Interspecific Geranium.”
These vigorous sunflowers will grow to garden heights of 36”-48” and widths 24”-36” and are ideal for large garden spaces and patios. Sunfinity delivers value along the value chain from plug producers to brokers, growers, retailers and, particularly, consumers.
The other product is a new class of seed Verbena with a spreading and mounded habit, called Obsession Cascade. Obsession Cascade will quickly fill pots and baskets with vibrant, one-of-a-kind flower patterns. Obsession Cascade is hearty and continues to perform and flower in the garden well after many other varieties have died from disease.
“We’re pleased to bring innovation, beauty, and convenience to home gardeners,” said Scott Valentine, head of Syngenta Flowers for North America. “And we’re committed to working closely with our broker and Root and Sell customers to enhance service and drive value for the finished growers and retailers.”
Syngenta Flowers thoroughly tested and trialed these new products and acquired extensive technical knowledge on their proven performance and production. Worldwide, parent company Syngenta invests approximately $1.3 billion annually in R&D, more than $3.5 million every day of the year.
For more information:
Publication date: 2/16/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.