Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1175)
- First record of the fungus Blumeriella kerriae in the UK (1)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (38)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (17)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (3)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenya: Slow demand and EPA uncertainty plague flower sectorFlower producers and exporters in Kenya say demand for flowers just rose slightly this year during the Valentine's season, despite new markets such as South Korea and Australia opening up.
In addition, Britain’s decision to leave the EU contributed to slow growth.
The country’s lucrative flower sector is a key foreign exchange earner but faces an uncertain future as the Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) with the European Union is still pending.
“Our main challenge currently is with Economic Partnership Agreement that is where we are seeing we are going to have a very big challenge simply because if we don’t sign that agreement on time then our produce that we are sending to the European countries will attract taxation. In essence increasing the cost of us sending our products to the European market,” said George Ong’any administration manager at Van Den berg Kenya Ltd.
Read more at Africanews
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.