Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (957)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenya: Slow demand and EPA uncertainty plague flower sectorFlower producers and exporters in Kenya say demand for flowers just rose slightly this year during the Valentine's season, despite new markets such as South Korea and Australia opening up.
In addition, Britainís decision to leave the EU contributed to slow growth.
The countryís lucrative flower sector is a key foreign exchange earner but faces an uncertain future as the Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) with the European Union is still pending.
ďOur main challenge currently is with Economic Partnership Agreement that is where we are seeing we are going to have a very big challenge simply because if we donít sign that agreement on time then our produce that we are sending to the European countries will attract taxation. In essence increasing the cost of us sending our products to the European market,Ē said George Ongíany administration manager at Van Den berg Kenya Ltd.
Read more at Africanews
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.