Job offersmore »
- Global Segment Marketing Manager Vegetables
- Agronomist or Agricultural Engineer in Luxembourg or Georgia
- Nursery Project Coordinator Luxembourg
- Sales and Customer Support - New Zealand
- General Manager - Ontario
- SALES MANAGER - France
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Fresh Cut) – France
- Marketing Manager - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Key Account Manager Horticulture LED - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager – Based London or Europe
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (406)
- Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farms (1)
- Weight, drain and real time plant activity analysis become grower's sixth sense (1)
- Terra Nova offers sneak peek of 'peacock tail' begonia (1)
- Romania: Flower demand up for Valentine’s Day, Dragobete (1)
- Florists wanted for British Flowers Week photoshoot (1)
- Roses Forever's new spray rose remembers John Williams (1)
- Second edition Flower Expo Poland now open for registration (1)
- Ethiopia: "Employees are our most valuable assets" (1)
- Taiwan: Taichung to host flora expo in 2018 (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexican enthusiasm for Orchids and AnthuriumEach year at the beginning of November one of the largest agricultural fairs in Mexico takes place, called the Expo Agro Alimentaria. This trade fair is organized in the city of Irapuato, in the state of Guanajuato.
At this spacious trade fair you will find everything in the field of agriculture and horticulture. It has more than 1,000 stands with a demonstration area of hundreds of agricultural machines and a showroom of almost 4 hectares for the different indoor and outdoor cultivations.
In the middle of this trade show, Anthura’s stand was set up in the Holland pavilion. Their slogan ‘Unlimited in Varieties offering unlimited possibilities’ took up the back wall of the stand and was highlighted with a wide variety of colours of the exhibited varieties.
This year, one of our customers also took part in the fair with his own stand, with the aim of selling finished products at the show. Before the show started there were some nerves in play, because it was their first time at the fair, but the plants sold like hot cakes.
Expo Agro Alimentaria in Mexico
Developments have occurred rapidly in the Mexican horticultural sector over the past few years. More and more growers are willing to make the necessary investments to be able to produce more efficiently and to improve the quality of the end product.
Consumers are willing to pay extra for a Phalaenopsis of high quality. Production of Phalaenopsis has grown over the past year and it is expected that this growth will continue in the coming years.
For more information:
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.