Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (454)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (4)
- In 2016 we visited 26 trade shows and shot 5,054 pictures! (1)
- Kenyan rose production falls short of international demand (2)
- China gets slap on the wrist for illegal copying Dutch varieties (1)
- US: Growers respond to GM petunia news (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Brazil: Despite crisis, opportunities for growth
- How the bumblebee coincidentally saved the greenhouse industry
- US (CA): Monterey County helps former flower growers switch to marijuana
- NL: Cut flower prices under pressure by warm weather and French holiday
- Chrysanthemum blooming test of Royal van Zanten Colombia
Top 5 - last week
- Wabara expands into new markets with exclusive partnerships
- US (IL): Sunshine delphinium named in honor of John Simko
- Father and sons team harvests sunflowers for British Flowers Week
- Germany: VB Group builds 'Elite' greenhouse for Dümmen Orange
- Wildfire transitions to full hydroponic rose cultivation
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexican enthusiasm for Orchids and AnthuriumEach year at the beginning of November one of the largest agricultural fairs in Mexico takes place, called the Expo Agro Alimentaria. This trade fair is organized in the city of Irapuato, in the state of Guanajuato.
At this spacious trade fair you will find everything in the field of agriculture and horticulture. It has more than 1,000 stands with a demonstration area of hundreds of agricultural machines and a showroom of almost 4 hectares for the different indoor and outdoor cultivations.
In the middle of this trade show, Anthura’s stand was set up in the Holland pavilion. Their slogan ‘Unlimited in Varieties offering unlimited possibilities’ took up the back wall of the stand and was highlighted with a wide variety of colours of the exhibited varieties.
This year, one of our customers also took part in the fair with his own stand, with the aim of selling finished products at the show. Before the show started there were some nerves in play, because it was their first time at the fair, but the plants sold like hot cakes.
Expo Agro Alimentaria in Mexico
Developments have occurred rapidly in the Mexican horticultural sector over the past few years. More and more growers are willing to make the necessary investments to be able to produce more efficiently and to improve the quality of the end product.
Consumers are willing to pay extra for a Phalaenopsis of high quality. Production of Phalaenopsis has grown over the past year and it is expected that this growth will continue in the coming years.
For more information:
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.