Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (956)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Shine Wax Farm
New wax farm established in Israeli Arava DesertShine Wax Farm is a new wax farm established by two young farmers in the Arava region in Israel. This area is considered unfit for growing wax because of extreme hot weather during the summer months and poor water quality, but these entrepreneurs succeeded to grow a product with large buds, big flowers and high stem weight.
Alon and Ori
The two young farmers are Alon and Ori. In the past, they cultivated winter peppers, and without any previous experience in the flower business, they started with two hectares of a selection of 6 wax varieties that includes traditional varieties and also new products (Foliage wax and Rey).
The constant heat of the summer could kill their young plants, but they took the risk. With careful adjustments to the wax growing protocol, adjusting irrigation frequency, and fertilizations for the Arava extreme conditions, the plants thrived and arrived safely to this winter with a surprising quality of flowers. The desert conditions, the abundance of sun light and a fairly warm winter, contributed to a product with large buds, big flowers and high stem weight.
This new wax farm is now selling their Crystal Pearl in the Aalsmeer Auction and via direct sales through Aviv Harmonie, major supplier of wax flower during the fall, winter and spring months of the year. Experiencing demand and fair prices for their products, they're hoping for greater demand as the market gets to know them better.
Later this season Shine Wax Farm will introduce their new product, called Rey; a new Chamelaucium-Verticordia hybrid. In the future, they are eager to expand, but Ori and Alon have no plans to grow beyond 4 ha, which is the maximum size that will allow them to maintain quality product with attention to details.
For more information:
Emek Hefer P.O.B 85
Tel 972 -4-6126000
Publication date: 3/6/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.