Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (675)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (1)
- A flower shop dedicated to roses only (1)
- "Plum Power forever" (18)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (26)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (25)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (27)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (16)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Organic flowers blossom into springThe polytunnels and cutting gardens at Organic Blooms are increasingly verdant daily – and this week’s sunshine has brought enough warmth to the tunnels for workers to shed their coats and fleeces.
This early springing into life can be deceptive though – the young tunnel-raised plants are still tender.
Last week Organic Blooms performed one of their annual rituals that marks the onset of spring – waking up the dahlias. Each autumn they dig up the tubers, lay them out in a polytunnel to dry, shake off the soil and loosely pack them in straw-filled bread crates to hibernate. Last week they gently woke them, dusting them off, removing any rot – in spite of good airflow they always suffer a handful of rotten tubers – splitting the sizeable ones and potting them up.
Read more at Organic Blooms
Publication date: 3/13/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.