Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (956)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Organic flowers blossom into springThe polytunnels and cutting gardens at Organic Blooms are increasingly verdant daily – and this week’s sunshine has brought enough warmth to the tunnels for workers to shed their coats and fleeces.
This early springing into life can be deceptive though – the young tunnel-raised plants are still tender.
Last week Organic Blooms performed one of their annual rituals that marks the onset of spring – waking up the dahlias. Each autumn they dig up the tubers, lay them out in a polytunnel to dry, shake off the soil and loosely pack them in straw-filled bread crates to hibernate. Last week they gently woke them, dusting them off, removing any rot – in spite of good airflow they always suffer a handful of rotten tubers – splitting the sizeable ones and potting them up.
Read more at Organic Blooms
Publication date: 3/13/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.