Job offersmore »
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (833)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (2)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
- Update from Dümmen Orange infected begonia cuttings (1)
- US: Congressman visits florist (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Organic flowers blossom into springThe polytunnels and cutting gardens at Organic Blooms are increasingly verdant daily – and this week’s sunshine has brought enough warmth to the tunnels for workers to shed their coats and fleeces.
This early springing into life can be deceptive though – the young tunnel-raised plants are still tender.
Last week Organic Blooms performed one of their annual rituals that marks the onset of spring – waking up the dahlias. Each autumn they dig up the tubers, lay them out in a polytunnel to dry, shake off the soil and loosely pack them in straw-filled bread crates to hibernate. Last week they gently woke them, dusting them off, removing any rot – in spite of good airflow they always suffer a handful of rotten tubers – splitting the sizeable ones and potting them up.
Read more at Organic Blooms
Publication date: 3/13/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.