Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Last commentsmore »
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (185)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (12)
- US: Congressman visits florist (4)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (3)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (53)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1183)
- Photo Report: First edition HortEx Vietnam (3)
- Counting down to the Expo Flor Ecuador opening (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (18)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (7)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farmsSenators will conduct impromptu inspections at various flower farms in Kenya to verify alleged sexual harassment, poor remuneration and handling of harmful chemicals by workers.
The Senate Standing Committee on Labour and Social Welfare made the declaration after listening to submissions by two former employees of Homegrown Flamingo Holdings Flower Farm and Aquilla Flower Farm.
Committee chairman Stewart Madzayo told the petitioners that senators would plan how to visit the flower farms unannounced to confirm or dismiss the serious allegations in the petition. “We have heard you and I think we need to visit the farms impromptu,” Mr Madzayo said.
Nominated senator Martha Wangari, who conveyed the petition to the Senate last October, said the management of the accused flower farms should be invited to rebut the serious allegations raised by the petitioners.
Read more at Business Daily
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Other news in this sector:
The decision is constructive and should be expanded to accomodate more farms
Mulyungi Musembi, Nairobi, Kenya - 3/21/2017 6:43:58 PM
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.