Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (950)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (25)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (3)
- Motherís Day means Money Day for UK florists (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farmsSenators will conduct impromptu inspections at various flower farms in Kenya to verify alleged sexual harassment, poor remuneration and handling of harmful chemicals by workers.
The Senate Standing Committee on Labour and Social Welfare made the declaration after listening to submissions by two former employees of Homegrown Flamingo Holdings Flower Farm and Aquilla Flower Farm.
Committee chairman Stewart Madzayo told the petitioners that senators would plan how to visit the flower farms unannounced to confirm or dismiss the serious allegations in the petition. ďWe have heard you and I think we need to visit the farms impromptu,Ē Mr Madzayo said.
Nominated senator Martha Wangari, who conveyed the petition to the Senate last October, said the management of the accused flower farms should be invited to rebut the serious allegations raised by the petitioners.
Read more at Business Daily
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Other news in this sector:
The decision is constructive and should be expanded to accomodate more farms
Mulyungi Musembi, Nairobi, Kenya - 3/21/2017 6:43:58 PM
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.