Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (956)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CargoLogicAir: 100+ tons of flowers from Colombia to LondonCargoLogicAir flew over 100 tonnes of roses, carnations and other favourites into London Stansted Airport from Bogota, Colombia, in time for UK Motherís Day, celebrated on March 26 this year.
Its Boeing 747-8 freighter and 747-400F aircraft generally handle less romantic cargoes such as a 10,400kg aero engine to Toulouse in France or 96 tonnes of adsorbents for an industrial gas plant in Saudi Arabia.
Nevertheless the 747-8F provided the perfect environment for the freshly cut flowers. Motherís Day actually outstrips Valentineís Day as the busiest time for the UK flower market, says CLA, with 30% of the population spending over £200m on gifts.
Source: Air Cargo News
Publication date: 3/29/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.