Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (675)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (1)
- A flower shop dedicated to roses only (1)
- "Plum Power forever" (18)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (26)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (25)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (27)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (16)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CargoLogicAir: 100+ tons of flowers from Colombia to LondonCargoLogicAir flew over 100 tonnes of roses, carnations and other favourites into London Stansted Airport from Bogota, Colombia, in time for UK Mother’s Day, celebrated on March 26 this year.
Its Boeing 747-8 freighter and 747-400F aircraft generally handle less romantic cargoes such as a 10,400kg aero engine to Toulouse in France or 96 tonnes of adsorbents for an industrial gas plant in Saudi Arabia.
Nevertheless the 747-8F provided the perfect environment for the freshly cut flowers. Mother’s Day actually outstrips Valentine’s Day as the busiest time for the UK flower market, says CLA, with 30% of the population spending over £200m on gifts.
Source: Air Cargo News
Publication date: 3/29/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.