Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit ScandinaviŽ en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Last commentsmore »
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1172)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (34)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from Californiaís historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
- Hot flowers activate fire alarm, force jet into emergency landing (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CargoLogicAir: 100+ tons of flowers from Colombia to LondonCargoLogicAir flew over 100 tonnes of roses, carnations and other favourites into London Stansted Airport from Bogota, Colombia, in time for UK Motherís Day, celebrated on March 26 this year.
Its Boeing 747-8 freighter and 747-400F aircraft generally handle less romantic cargoes such as a 10,400kg aero engine to Toulouse in France or 96 tonnes of adsorbents for an industrial gas plant in Saudi Arabia.
Nevertheless the 747-8F provided the perfect environment for the freshly cut flowers. Motherís Day actually outstrips Valentineís Day as the busiest time for the UK flower market, says CLA, with 30% of the population spending over £200m on gifts.
Source: Air Cargo News
Publication date: 3/29/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.