Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (775)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (2)
- US: Deadline is February 1st for AFE Scholarship applications (1)
- Video: the distribution center of the future (1)
- Hydroponically grown chrysanthemum show good results in summer (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (3)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (4)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (7)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Tuff Stuff hydrangea crowned National Shrub Madness ChampionThe 2017 Shrub Madness competition has come to an end after a highly competitive month of voting with Tuff Stuff mountain hydrangea being crowned the 2017 National Champion. Coming from a crowded field of 64 contenders, the competition narrowed to two hydrangeas after several rounds of voting on close matchups.
In the final round, Tuff Stuff hydrangea took an early lead and defeated Let’s Dance Rave reblooming hydrangea. Throughout the competition, over 89,000 votes were cast with everyone vying for their favourite shrubs. This year’s Floral Four included 2016 Shrub Madness Runner Up Let’s Dance Rave hydrangea, Invincibelle Spirit II smooth hydrangea, Tuff Stuff hydrangea, and newcomer Czechmark Trilogy weigela.
Tuff Stuff hydrangea has lacecap flowers that create a mass of color in early summer, and this rebloomer continues to produce new flowers right up until frost. The semi-double to double florets begin with creamy coloration in the center before maturing to an intense pink or blue.
For next year's Shrub Madness, bracket predictions will open in February and voting will begin in March.
For more information:
Spring Meadow Nursery
Publication date: 4/12/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.