Job offersmore »
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (833)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (2)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
- Update from Dümmen Orange infected begonia cuttings (1)
- US: Congressman visits florist (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Terra Nova offers sneak peek of Echinacea KISMETTerra Nova Nurseries announced a sneak peek of two new varieties named Echinacea KISMET ‘Red’ and Echinacea KISMET ‘Yellow’. These varieties are the latest additions to the KISMET series from Terra Nova Nurseries.
Echinacea KISMET ‘Red’ consists of early blooming, large, red daisies, which rebloom all summer until frost. An upright, low, compact, mounding habit and high crown count combined with long-lasting, showy flowers, make a good container or border display. This coneflower is first-year blooming and free flowering.
Echinacea KISMET ‘Yellow’ has very large, sunny and butter-yellow flowers that remain attractive for a lengthy timeframe. Blooming early summer until frost, this variety is a great color addition to the KISMET series. Its performance and height rival formerly introduced Echinacea KISMET ‘Raspberry’ and Echinacea KISMET ‘Intense Orange’.
Besides its upright, compact habit, Echinacea KISMET ‘Yellow’ boasts an exceptional crown count, excellent vigor, and numerous strong stems.
These varieties thrive in full sun, contain hardiness zones of 4-9, a foliage height of 16”, foliage spread of 24”, and flower height of 18”. From plug to a 4”-pot, the finish time is between 6-8 weeks. For a gallon-size pot, the finish time is between 12-14 weeks.
Terra Nova Nurseries has created a “Plant Profile” page and “Grower Recipe” specific to this new variety so growers can learn about growing habit, plant characteristics, fertilization recommendations, water requirements, and other insights provided by the breeding team. These documents can be viewed and downloaded for printing at: www.terranovanurseries.com. Growers can contact their Terra Nova Nurseries’ representatives or email the sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication date: 4/13/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.