Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (425)
- Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farms (1)
- Weight, drain and real time plant activity analysis become grower's sixth sense (1)
- Terra Nova offers sneak peek of 'peacock tail' begonia (1)
- Romania: Flower demand up for Valentine’s Day, Dragobete (1)
- Florists wanted for British Flowers Week photoshoot (1)
- Roses Forever's new spray rose remembers John Williams (1)
- Second edition Flower Expo Poland now open for registration (1)
- Ethiopia: "Employees are our most valuable assets" (1)
- Taiwan: Taichung to host flora expo in 2018 (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Terra Nova offers sneak peek of Echinacea KISMETTerra Nova Nurseries announced a sneak peek of two new varieties named Echinacea KISMET ‘Red’ and Echinacea KISMET ‘Yellow’. These varieties are the latest additions to the KISMET series from Terra Nova Nurseries.
Echinacea KISMET ‘Red’ consists of early blooming, large, red daisies, which rebloom all summer until frost. An upright, low, compact, mounding habit and high crown count combined with long-lasting, showy flowers, make a good container or border display. This coneflower is first-year blooming and free flowering.
Echinacea KISMET ‘Yellow’ has very large, sunny and butter-yellow flowers that remain attractive for a lengthy timeframe. Blooming early summer until frost, this variety is a great color addition to the KISMET series. Its performance and height rival formerly introduced Echinacea KISMET ‘Raspberry’ and Echinacea KISMET ‘Intense Orange’.
Besides its upright, compact habit, Echinacea KISMET ‘Yellow’ boasts an exceptional crown count, excellent vigor, and numerous strong stems.
These varieties thrive in full sun, contain hardiness zones of 4-9, a foliage height of 16”, foliage spread of 24”, and flower height of 18”. From plug to a 4”-pot, the finish time is between 6-8 weeks. For a gallon-size pot, the finish time is between 12-14 weeks.
Terra Nova Nurseries has created a “Plant Profile” page and “Grower Recipe” specific to this new variety so growers can learn about growing habit, plant characteristics, fertilization recommendations, water requirements, and other insights provided by the breeding team. These documents can be viewed and downloaded for printing at: www.terranovanurseries.com. Growers can contact their Terra Nova Nurseries’ representatives or email the sales team at email@example.com.
Publication date: 4/13/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.