Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (454)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (4)
- In 2016 we visited 26 trade shows and shot 5,054 pictures! (1)
- Kenyan rose production falls short of international demand (2)
- China gets slap on the wrist for illegal copying Dutch varieties (1)
- US: Growers respond to GM petunia news (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Brazil: Despite crisis, opportunities for growth
- How the bumblebee coincidentally saved the greenhouse industry
- US (CA): Monterey County helps former flower growers switch to marijuana
- NL: Cut flower prices under pressure by warm weather and French holiday
- Chrysanthemum blooming test of Royal van Zanten Colombia
Top 5 - last week
- Wabara expands into new markets with exclusive partnerships
- US (IL): Sunshine delphinium named in honor of John Simko
- Father and sons team harvests sunflowers for British Flowers Week
- Germany: VB Group builds 'Elite' greenhouse for Dümmen Orange
- Wildfire transitions to full hydroponic rose cultivation
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Terra Nova offers sneak peek of Echinacea KISMETTerra Nova Nurseries announced a sneak peek of two new varieties named Echinacea KISMET ‘Red’ and Echinacea KISMET ‘Yellow’. These varieties are the latest additions to the KISMET series from Terra Nova Nurseries.
Echinacea KISMET ‘Red’ consists of early blooming, large, red daisies, which rebloom all summer until frost. An upright, low, compact, mounding habit and high crown count combined with long-lasting, showy flowers, make a good container or border display. This coneflower is first-year blooming and free flowering.
Echinacea KISMET ‘Yellow’ has very large, sunny and butter-yellow flowers that remain attractive for a lengthy timeframe. Blooming early summer until frost, this variety is a great color addition to the KISMET series. Its performance and height rival formerly introduced Echinacea KISMET ‘Raspberry’ and Echinacea KISMET ‘Intense Orange’.
Besides its upright, compact habit, Echinacea KISMET ‘Yellow’ boasts an exceptional crown count, excellent vigor, and numerous strong stems.
These varieties thrive in full sun, contain hardiness zones of 4-9, a foliage height of 16”, foliage spread of 24”, and flower height of 18”. From plug to a 4”-pot, the finish time is between 6-8 weeks. For a gallon-size pot, the finish time is between 12-14 weeks.
Terra Nova Nurseries has created a “Plant Profile” page and “Grower Recipe” specific to this new variety so growers can learn about growing habit, plant characteristics, fertilization recommendations, water requirements, and other insights provided by the breeding team. These documents can be viewed and downloaded for printing at: www.terranovanurseries.com. Growers can contact their Terra Nova Nurseries’ representatives or email the sales team at email@example.com.
Publication date: 4/13/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.