- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Italy: GREENN again organizes Holland Collective at MyPlant & Garden
- Grow & Drop in Pots to help growers and retailers score big this holiday season
- US: Plant scientists call for renewed focus on empowerment of trainees
- Kenya: "Measures in place to deal with chemical poisoning cases"
- NZ: Rose breeder Rob Somerfield to speak at Otago Rose Society's meeting
Top 5 -last week
Highlights at HMA Plants, PP&L, Cultivaris and Hem Genetics
What you missed at the CAST 2017
Click here for the the extensive Photo Report of the California Spring Trials that we have published earlier this month.
Carolyn Forro of HMA Plants holding the Nemesia French Connection Easter Bonnet. This plant blooms a lot and is fragrant.
Clockwise: Argyranthemum Summit Pink has light pink flowers, mounding habit and has a good heat tolerance. Beedance Bidens Red Stripe is a variety bred by Suntory. The flowers are yellow with red stripes and will grow 9-11 inches in height and 3-4 in width. Euphorbia Firesticks is a new addition to their succulent program. Lavandula angustifolia Platinum Blonde is a variety that is on the market for just under a year. It has green foliage with gold edges and a compact and mounding habit. The color of the flower is purple.
Jen Miner of Pacific Plug & Liner holding the new Euchibeckia Butterscotch Biscuit, a new variety in the lineup of Pacific Plug & Liner. It has a bright buttery flower color with a light eye and is the largest flowers in the series. This variety is more aggressive in growth and is best in larger containers. The bloom time for Butterscotch Biscuit is late, similar to Yellow, so it is great for summer and fall sales and is hardy to USDA zone 7-9.
Clockwise: Carex Feather Falls is a hardy and sun loving grass that grows quickly. Hula Berry is a white strawberry variety that can be eaten when it is still white. It seems to have the taste of bubble gum. The Hellebore presented at PP&L are bred by Bart Noordhuis. They introduced several new varieties for the year 2017 and they have all in common that they flower in early spring. Lavandula Ghostly Princess has silver foliage that is complimented with aromatic, pink flower heads. The flowers remain pink. It is a compact plant that is dry tolerant and easy to grow. The main flowering flush is from late winter through to spring.
April Herring of Pacific Plug and Liner holding the Geranium Bloom Time. A vigorous plant with strong growing spreading habit. Pink flowers are produced continually from May through October. It is hardy to zone 5. Josh Schneider of Cultivaris is holding the Basil Herbalea Snow White. It is disease-resistant against downy mildew, it has highly aromatic foliage and tolerant of cooler growing conditions.
Clockwise: Lamium Hanky Panky has silver-white, metallic foliage with narrow green margins. It flowers all season long with baby pink flowers and is hardy to zone 4-9. Primula Ooh La La Blood Orange is an interspecific primrose series from Asia. The branched spikes are studded with many flowers from early spring to autumn. It is hardy to zone 8. Salvia x microphylla 'Killer Cranbarry has dark foliage and cranberry-red flowers all summer long. It is hardy to zone 7. It is the Sunset/Southern Living Magazine exclusive for 2017. Begonia Autumn Ember is a component plant with copper-porange foliage. It works well as a house plant or in containers.
Marco Laan of Hem Genetics and the Limbo Picotee series. According to Marco this is the first genetically compact variety. It is available in three colors; red, burgundy and rose.
Clockwise: Dianthus Supra Pink is the result of interspecific Dianthus crossing. These compact, well-branched plants are hardy, flower early and also perform well at high temperatures. This year, it won the prestigious All America Selection Award (AAS). Dusty Miller Quicksilver has a natural dwarf plant habit and stays more dwarf than Silverado or older Silverdust. It combines a basal branching plant habit with finely indented silver colored leaves. Lavandula multifida Blue Torch is a fern-leaved lavender with a lavender-rosemary-pine scent. It is fast in production, can produce flowering gallon pots in under 16 weeks from seed in spring. Patio Tomato Sweet Valentines is a compact, well branched and trailing plant structure combined with many heart-shaped fruit. It only grows to 12-16 inch. Sweet Valentines is a Fleuroselect Approved Novelty.
More novelties of the California Spring Trials participants will follow soon.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/22/2018 US: Doug Holden receives AAS Breeder's Cup award
- 10/19/2018 "Ecuadorian growers broaden scope"
- 10/19/2018 Fragrant garden roses: an interesting growing market
- 10/18/2018 HBA opens test locations in Kenya and Colombia for cut flower hydrangea
- 10/18/2018 Super Purple Sinuatum Limonium wins golden medal
- 10/17/2018 Colombian carnation breeder spreads wings in Kenya
- 10/15/2018 Danziger & ToolGen sign MOU for joint research and commercialization
- 10/12/2018 Testing brought to new heights to better match farm conditions
- 10/09/2018 An insight in the selection and propagation of roses in Ecuador
- 10/08/2018 "Mendel was actually looking for innovative crops"
- 10/05/2018 UK: A year in the life of Coreopsis Walberton’s Flying Saucers
- 10/05/2018 Ecuador: "They really got the potential out of the variety"
- 10/04/2018 “Scented garden cut roses: an opportunity for Russian growers”
- 10/02/2018 Indonesia: Researchers find 160 orchid species in Bengkulu
- 09/27/2018 "FleuroStar brings breeders and retail closer together"
- 09/25/2018 How do plant cells know in which direction to divide?
- 09/20/2018 Newly discovered enzyme is 'firing pin' for plant immunity
- 09/19/2018 Cannova lauded in Europe
- 09/18/2018 Bamboo and rattan genomes sequenced
- 09/17/2018 Gold Medal for ’King of Infinity’ in Moscow