Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (898)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (14)
- FlowersExpo’2017 and the Russian flower market (1)
- FloraHolland market information: less supply at Christmas (2)
- There's a bromeliad for everyone (3)
- Japan: Cyclamen losing popularity as year-end gift (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Huub Winters, Biopol:
"Fight against thrips is not only won above ground"Thrips is a troublesome pest, which often affects many crops including chrysanthemum cultivation. The combating of thrips is currently being carried out by many growers above ground in the crop.
Huub Winters, of Biopol: "The fight against thrips is quite difficult, but is this really so? It's all about creating a balance in the growing medium. Let's start with that. If the growing medium is in balance and contains significant aerobic bacteria, the plant is strengthened and that has a delaying effect on the development of thrips. Combined with the correct use of soil insects, the soil becomes an unattractive place for the pupae and larvae. Thus part of the battle has already been fought. Also a new form of attractant (under development) should help to further combat thrips."
Huub recently visited a chrysanthemum grower who is going to apply this approach. "A baseline measurement is carried out beforehand. Based on this we determine the use of products such as AgriNema in combination with V-Carbo and soil insects, such as atheta coriaria and stratiolaelaps scimitus (formerly hypoaspis miles). Ten weeks later, a sample will be taken again to make the changes visible, but actually I already know the results," Huub laughs.
For more information:
3251 LP Stellendam NL
T +31(0)187 493 422
Publication date: 5/8/2017
Other news in this sector:
Je travaille pour le Centre d'Essais Horticoles de Wallonie.
Je suis intéressée par votre méthode de lutte contre les thrips en chrysanthèmes : AgriNema et V-Carbo. Je souhaite obtenir davantage d'informations. est ce que vous avez un commercial en Belgique qui peut venir nous parler de cela ?
malfroy fanny, Ath, Belgique - 5/9/2017 10:03:44 AM
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.