Job offersmore »
- Commercieel Logistiek/Inkoop medewerker - Aalsmeer, NL
- Manager/Director R&D Operations - Japan
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Sales Manager - Europe
- Distribution Manager - Fort Worth DC, TX USA
- Greenhouse supervisor - Lisianthus propagator
- Technical Sales Representative - Canada
- Export Project Manager - Bergschenhoek
- Senior Technical Manager – United Kingdom
- In-House Horticultural Consultant - Lodi, OH
Last commentsmore »
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Key Account Manager Horticulture LED
As the world’s leader in Lighting, Philips Lighting is driving the switch to energy-efficient solutions. With worldwide electrical lighting using 19 per cent of all electricity, the use of energy-efficient lighting will significantly reduce energy consumption around the world and thereby cut harmful CO2 emissions. Philips Lighting provides advanced energy-efficient solutions for all segments: road lighting, office & industrial, hospitality and home. Philips Lighting is also a leader in shaping the future with exciting new lighting applications and technologies such as LED technology, which, besides energy efficiency, provides attractive benefits and endless new ‘never-before-possible’ lighting solutions.
Philips Lighting has been leading in growth lighting for Horticulture for many years. Today’s business is supplying LED solutions for growers. With LED solutions, growth light can be tuned exactly to the crop and its environment, which is the fundament for our ‘light recipe approach’. The primary scope is greenhouses in Europe, with focus on the Netherlands and North America. LED solutions are potentially sold all over the world for example to research institutions and growers of young plants, vegetables, fruits and flowers.
This role is part of the European Sales Team. For this specific position the objective is to keep the leading position of Philips Lighting in Horticulture.
In this position, you contribute to the success of Philips Lighting Horticulture LED Solutions by identifying and advising on the best LED lighting solution for plant growing practices in floriculture crops, mostly in greenhouses, and with focus on Europe; mainly the Benelux or Eastern Europe.
You are responsible to build a network of growers in your region. This includes relationship building with customers and with installation partners or greenhouse builders. You will travel to customers/ projects in your region regularly. This role reports to the European Sales Director Horticulture.
Your key responsibilities are in the following areas:
- You are responsible for understanding the needs of the growers and translating these needs to a customized offer, including business-case / TCO calculations.
- To the internal Horticulture team you are the voice of the customer and you will coordinate all activities related to your customers.
- Realize the sales process from the initial request to closing the deal.
- Maintain customer profile data/status and expectations.
- Manage / train Partners to develop the market.
- Build relationships with knowledgeable Partners and key-influencers.
- Represent Philips Lighting Horticultural LED Solutions-business at trade fairs and other events.
- Keep up to date with developments and interests in the lighting-market but also on general developments in greenhouses by joining seminars, online newsletters, trade fairs, participating in projects with other companies / Partners etc.
- Provide input to product development and marketing on new opportunities for Philips Lighting Horticulture.
- We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
- Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Competitive salary.
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually.
- A variable bonus based on both Philips Lighting results and personal performance.
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching.
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package.
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount.
- Healthy work-life balance.
We are looking for
- Bachelors or Master’s degree (preferably in Horticulture).
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the area of ornamentals & young plants in greenhouse production, consultancy or research, preferably with Phalaenopsis and cut flowers.
- Passionate about greenhouse technology and plant physiology!
- Knowledge of lighting is an advantage.
- Committed, result driven, no nonsense & to-the-point mentality.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, preferably also fluent in French or German.
- Good communication skills, conscientious and pro-active.
- You are an excellent team player, but you are also capable of working in a very autonomous way.
- Represents Philips Lighting externally, for example at trade fairs, seminars etc.