Job offersmore »
- Technical Support Specialist - USA
- Manager Product Development - UK
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
- Crop advisor - Canada
- Horticultural and Hydroponic Sales Specialist - Western Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
- Algemeen Directeur
- Greenhouse Maintenance Technician - Montreal, Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (462)
- Ecuador: Flower exports fall to worst level in 4 years (1)
- South America: 'Mutations preferred over new varieties' (1)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (4)
- In 2016 we visited 26 trade shows and shot 5,054 pictures! (1)
- Kenyan rose production falls short of international demand (2)
- China gets slap on the wrist for illegal copying Dutch varieties (1)
- US: Growers respond to GM petunia news (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Key Account Manager – Horticultural LED - Canada - Philips
Philips has been leading in growth lighting for Horticulture for many years. LED technology applied in horticulture brings new opportunities: now growth light can be tuned exactly to the crop and its environment, thus improving yield and saving energy. Together with growers, partners and universities Philips develops solutions for best business results. The geographical scope is North America (and occasionally South America). Customer segments are research institutes, universities and greenhouses for young plants, flowers and high wire vegetables, and tissue culture. Next to that the upcoming segment of urban (or city) farms needs supported.
The Key Account Manager role is part of the team working on the Segment Horticulture with focus on developing new business: establish direct contact to growers and their partners and building and maintaining a network of complementary partners. The Key Account Manager will report directly to the Director Horticulture North America and focus primarily on the Floriculture segment and secondarily the Vegetable segment. He/she will work in close collaboration with the Project Application Engineers and Plant Specialists within the North American Team in conjunction with the Regional Customer Service and Order Desk teams. You will understand the customers' preferred method of conducting business and work with them to gain a deep understanding of their business needs. You have an active interest in the business world and a desire to be recognized for success by peers and customers. You are able to fulfill fully the Principal Accountabilities, possess the Required Skills and bring the listed Education & Experience to the job function.
Principal Accountabilities (but not limited to):
- You build up a network in Horticulture decision makers, influencers and partners leading to sales. In this role you excel in customer satisfaction. You make this happen by a pro-active attitude.
- You fulfill a central position between decision makers and your North American team, in context with the Global Horticulture Team and initiatives. You work closely in a collaborative manner with team Plant Specialists and Application Engineers under the guidance of the Director. You are a team player able to leverage each member’s strengths to achieve excellent business results.
- You are co-responsible in the team for facilitating co-creation with growers, by initiating field tests and commercial follow up for implementation of the results. Thus you develop the new category of tailored growth light solutions enabled by LED technology. You are eager to build new business and entrepreneurial to make things happen.
- You are regionally responsible for operational product management, as you are involved with the team in managing oversight of the local process of product/customer creation, pricing uploads and supply chain as well as local MarCom support for the designated region.
- You are an ambassador for the Philips Horti approach, creating awareness and generating leads by representing Philips in tradeshows, events and conferences.
- You have in-depth knowledge of all aspects of horticulture production, especially floriculture, in a climate-controlled growing environment. This allows you to technically connect the aspects of growing with the benefits that our technology provides to the betterment of the end-user grower.
As a Key Account Manager you are the first contact person for designated customers and you are the intermediary between the customer and the Horti segment team. Your key tasks consist of:
- Client relationship responsibility. The Key Account Manager is the face to the customer and coordinates internally the activities towards the respective customers
- Building up the customer / partner network for LED’s for Horticulture. Responsible for keeping the account profile up-to-date as well as the account planning (forecasting and order-portfolio)
- Acquisition of new customers
- Independently make and pursue offers based on total cost of ownership calculations
- Supporting the team with marketing intelligence and exploration of new customers
- Active participation in the North American and Global Horticulture teams
- Fulfill a local coordinating role on operational product management and Marcom support
- Taking the lead in representing Philips Horti activities in internal and external communication (tradeshows, team meetings, conferences, events, etc), and reporting on this
- Initiating and coordinating technical trials at a Research and Commercial level in conjunction with the other North American team members
- Bachelors Degree in Horticulture or related discipline
- 7+ years of relevant horticultural working experience, preferably in sales/customer relations management in the controlled growing environment sectors
- In-depth technical growing knowledge of the climate-controlled growing environment floriculture industry, as well as the climate-controlled vegetable industry
- Experience in developing business with customers with an above average skill set in sales relations
- History of managing sales in a distance environment
- Required Skills:
- Customer focused while still maintaining the Company initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and business communication skills – both internal and external
- Positive attitude as a team player and eager to achieve excellent business results.
- Reliable, work independently, punctual, structured, and looking for a longer term position.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with spreadsheets, functional databases, CRM, enterprise wide software applications, and Microsoft Office suite
- Must be organized with strong time management, analytical, creative, and negotiating skills
- Drafting, editing and proofreading documents, excellent writing skills are needed for this position.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects to completion and within deadlines.
- Experienced data gathering, market research, and compilation into concise and presentable formats
- High problem solving ability, consultative selling and capable to develop complex business cases and bring them to conclusion
- Experience setting up product trials and working with researchers
- Strong ability & experience in creating PowerPoints matched with excellent presentation skills
- Capable to work in new business venture environment
- High level of initiative with the ability to self-motivate.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize.
- Experienced working in a distance-team environment
- Good English skills in reading, writing and speaking
- French and / or Spanish speaking is a plus
- Willingness to travel ≥ 50%
Success Metrics: Effectively executes sales initiatives plan to increase sales and margin within the given region; leads, Partners, sales, NPS.
Reporting lines: Reporting to the Director Horticulture North America
Base: in Canada with coverage into the USA
Contact: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today! Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips Lighting Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We have been made aware of fraudulent job offers, misrepresenting Philips in the market place. Philips does not send a cheque when making a job offer and does not charge a fee for any phase of the job application process. If you receive a cheque or are requested to pay a fee in order to process a job application or conduct a background check, these are not authorized Philips communications. Also, be advised that Philips employees only conduct email communications via “@philips.com” email accounts, communication from other email accounts like @philipslighting.ca are not official Philips communications. Always exercise caution when personal information is being requested of you. To report a scam, please visit the Government of Canada’s Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre website at www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca
#LI-NC1 10 No