Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (958)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Senior Technical Manager – Job Description
This is a senior technical role that is based at the Meiosis office in East Malling, Kent, the individual will report to the CEO. The Senior Technical Manager is responsible for leading a team that achieves the technical objectives of Meiosis and the parent company the Nuclear Stock Association (NSA), the Meiosis business being primarily involved in soft fruit variety licensing and the NSA business focused
on high health mother plant maintenance and propagation. The activities of both Meiosis and the NSA support fruit breeders and propagators, it is envisaged that the two companies will become increasingly integrated. Both the Meiosis and NSA businesses are based in the UK, with Meiosis operating more internationally.
Key aspects of the role are listed below:
- Managing the supply of trial plant material, interfacing with research institutes and
- breeders, tissue culture laboratories, propagator nurseries and triallists.
- Liaising with and periodically visiting trial sites to monitor performance.
- Receiving and evaluating trial data, compiling summary reports.
- Good presentation skills.
- Liaison with retail customers.
- Assisting with auditing of both propagators and fruit growers on a global basis.
- Language skills would be an advantage.
- It is envisaged that the successful applicant will understand and be involved in the
- administration of the Plant Health Propagation Scheme (PHPS).
- Responsible for the high health propagation and plant order requirements.
- Arranging and monitoring the Trueness-To-Type trials.
- Overseeing various NSA matters, including contracts and plant/tip orders.
- Experience and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access is required.
- Frequent overseas travel.
- A full clean driving licence is required.
For more information:
BRADBOURNE HOUSE, STABLE BLOCK
EAST MALLING, KENT ME19 6DZ, UK
Tel: +44 1732 872 711
Fax: +44 1732 872 712