Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (454)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (4)
- In 2016 we visited 26 trade shows and shot 5,054 pictures! (1)
- Kenyan rose production falls short of international demand (2)
- China gets slap on the wrist for illegal copying Dutch varieties (1)
- US: Growers respond to GM petunia news (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Brazil: Despite crisis, opportunities for growth
- How the bumblebee coincidentally saved the greenhouse industry
- US (CA): Monterey County helps former flower growers switch to marijuana
- NL: Cut flower prices under pressure by warm weather and French holiday
- Chrysanthemum blooming test of Royal van Zanten Colombia
Top 5 - last week
- Wabara expands into new markets with exclusive partnerships
- US (IL): Sunshine delphinium named in honor of John Simko
- Father and sons team harvests sunflowers for British Flowers Week
- Germany: VB Group builds 'Elite' greenhouse for Dümmen Orange
- Wildfire transitions to full hydroponic rose cultivation
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Senior Technical Manager – Job Description
This is a senior technical role that is based at the Meiosis office in East Malling, Kent, the individual will report to the CEO. The Senior Technical Manager is responsible for leading a team that achieves the technical objectives of Meiosis and the parent company the Nuclear Stock Association (NSA), the Meiosis business being primarily involved in soft fruit variety licensing and the NSA business focused
on high health mother plant maintenance and propagation. The activities of both Meiosis and the NSA support fruit breeders and propagators, it is envisaged that the two companies will become increasingly integrated. Both the Meiosis and NSA businesses are based in the UK, with Meiosis operating more internationally.
Key aspects of the role are listed below:
- Managing the supply of trial plant material, interfacing with research institutes and
- breeders, tissue culture laboratories, propagator nurseries and triallists.
- Liaising with and periodically visiting trial sites to monitor performance.
- Receiving and evaluating trial data, compiling summary reports.
- Good presentation skills.
- Liaison with retail customers.
- Assisting with auditing of both propagators and fruit growers on a global basis.
- Language skills would be an advantage.
- It is envisaged that the successful applicant will understand and be involved in the
- administration of the Plant Health Propagation Scheme (PHPS).
- Responsible for the high health propagation and plant order requirements.
- Arranging and monitoring the Trueness-To-Type trials.
- Overseeing various NSA matters, including contracts and plant/tip orders.
- Experience and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access is required.
- Frequent overseas travel.
- A full clean driving licence is required.
For more information:
BRADBOURNE HOUSE, STABLE BLOCK
EAST MALLING, KENT ME19 6DZ, UK
Tel: +44 1732 872 711
Fax: +44 1732 872 712