Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (454)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (4)
- In 2016 we visited 26 trade shows and shot 5,054 pictures! (1)
- Kenyan rose production falls short of international demand (2)
- China gets slap on the wrist for illegal copying Dutch varieties (1)
- US: Growers respond to GM petunia news (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Brazil: Despite crisis, opportunities for growth
- How the bumblebee coincidentally saved the greenhouse industry
- US (CA): Monterey County helps former flower growers switch to marijuana
- NL: Cut flower prices under pressure by warm weather and French holiday
- Chrysanthemum blooming test of Royal van Zanten Colombia
Top 5 - last week
- Wabara expands into new markets with exclusive partnerships
- US (IL): Sunshine delphinium named in honor of John Simko
- Father and sons team harvests sunflowers for British Flowers Week
- Germany: VB Group builds 'Elite' greenhouse for Dümmen Orange
- Wildfire transitions to full hydroponic rose cultivation
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Growing specialist van Oers United
Helda Beans & Peppers
Van Oers United is an internationally operating producer and year round supplier of fresh vegetables. The company has been active for decades on the European market and beyond. The intensive cooperation with both company owned and partner growers is Van Oers United’s guarantee for the shortest possible and fastest supply chain, resulting in optimal freshness. Van Oers United has its own cultivation locations in the Netherlands, Morocco and Senegal. In addition, Van Oers United has various agreements with growers across Europe and Africa. Central to our company are skilled professionals who meet the wishes and the needs of our customers on a daily basis. Providing optimal availability, excellent quality and efficiency, supported by an outstanding service organization results in daily amazement for Van Oers United’s customers. Key values within our company are vigor, skill and commitment.
To Van Oers United the strength of talented employees is crucial to the success and growth of the company. In the market we are known for our product knowledge and our footprint in Africa. Currently, we see more and more growth opportunities in the premium legume segment and therefore we are looking for an employee to strengthen the Production and Sourcing team.
Tasks and responsabilities:
- Being the person with green fingers and coordinate the growing team for the helda beans & peppers.
- Cultivation guidance of the cultivation on both our own and our partners locations:
- Fertilization Programs
- Advice on the use of crop protection according to Van Oers United’s protocol
- Variety selection
- Cultivation optimization & quality
- Harvest management
- Regularly visiting cultivation in Morocco. As well as ensuring alignment and adjustment of the cultivation. Supervising the local cultivation team with the right intermediate cultivation processing for optimal quality and volume, harvest planning and adjustment.
- Central coordinating of production equipment for the cultivation sites in collaboration with various departments
- Back Linking the expected volumes and quality to the commercial department, and ensuring the coordination with the country coordinators
- Optimizing crop harvest forecasts and conducting variety tests
- Further exploration of the African continent for opportunities for Van Oers United
- Cultivation insights & hands-on mentality on greenhouse produce.
- HAS rounded education, preferably with specialization in the open field cultivation of tropical agriculture
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar function
- Experience in a cultivation environment, preferably in Africa or the Mediterranean area
- Command of the Dutch and English language in writing and speaking. Knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Experience with MS Access/MS Excel/Planning tools is an advantage
- Willingness to carry out 40% of the work abroad periodically
- After a short training period being able to operate independently in coordination with colleagues
- Excellent relationship manager
- Operating proactive and problem soving
- Analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Stress resistant
- Organizationaly focused and situational awareness
What does Van Oers United offer?
- A challenging position within a growing company
- Space for training and development, both within your own field and beyond
- An informal, personal working atmosphere
- Market based employment
- Possibility to obtain a performance bonus
An assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to your motivation letter and CV with interest. You can send this until April 31st, 2017 to email@example.com, quoting the vacancy “Growing specialist helda beans & peppers”.
Acquisition further to this advertisement is not appreciated.