Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Last commentsmore »
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Great Lakes Greenhouses is a large greenhouse operation in Leamington, Ontario and an industry leader in innovation that is currently seeking a full-time Entomologist that can aid in the development and implementation of rearing protocols for the production of beneficial insects used in the greenhouse industry.
- BS in entomology, biology, or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Knowledge of and experience with scientific experimental design and statistical analysis
- Ability to independently identify and establish rearing protocols for select beneficial insects used onsite in our growing operation
- Ability to correct problems and scale capacity in rearing procedures to accommodate internal beneficial insect production demands
- Conduct research and literature reviews to study insect biology, behaviour and management.
- Collect specimens and manage specimen banks.
- MS/PhD in entomology, biology, or related field
- Experience in designing and/or rearing beneficial insects that are used in greenhouse growing environments
- Plant biology (suggested): 1 year
- Entomology (suggested): 1 year
- Agriculture (suggested): 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
If interested in this role please call 519 326 7589 ask for James or email resume to email@example.com