Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (719)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (3)
- Meet Greenlife in the Netherlands (1)
- In search of a transportation proof Poinsettia (1)
- A flower shop dedicated to roses only (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Great Lakes Greenhouses is a large greenhouse operation in Leamington, Ontario and an industry leader in innovation that is currently seeking a full-time Entomologist that can aid in the development and implementation of rearing protocols for the production of beneficial insects used in the greenhouse industry.
- BS in entomology, biology, or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Knowledge of and experience with scientific experimental design and statistical analysis
- Ability to independently identify and establish rearing protocols for select beneficial insects used onsite in our growing operation
- Ability to correct problems and scale capacity in rearing procedures to accommodate internal beneficial insect production demands
- Conduct research and literature reviews to study insect biology, behaviour and management.
- Collect specimens and manage specimen banks.
- MS/PhD in entomology, biology, or related field
- Experience in designing and/or rearing beneficial insects that are used in greenhouse growing environments
- Plant biology (suggested): 1 year
- Entomology (suggested): 1 year
- Agriculture (suggested): 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
If interested in this role please call 519 326 7589 ask for James or email resume to email@example.com