Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1076)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (3)
- Ukraine: Flowers still popular despite high prices (1)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (3)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (12)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (106)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (9)
- Cut, stick and check with the new Cutting & Planting 1800 (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (5)
- Indian farmer successfully shifts to gerbera cultivation (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Crop Manager required for a highly innovative international Grower – Senegal
Job type:General Management
Skills required:General Management / Planning / Operations / Growing
Salary:Highly competitive plus commission/bonus/accommodation
Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Our client is truly unique as they are one of the few vertically integrated grower-to-marketing organisations operating in the UK, Europe and Africa. They manage the entire fresh produce process from seed to shelf; via growing through to production and then the marketing. The company is at its heart, a family business with very strong values for its people, its customers and its suppliers, as well as enormous respect for the environment and nature.
Due to increased current growth and future growth plans, they are seeking a highly progressive Crop Manager for their large farming enterprise in West Africa. The established business consists of circa 1500 irrigated hectares covering a select range of high value veg cropping.
Reporting into the Operations Director, the successful applicant will be responsible for all of the farm operations including planting, harvesting, irrigation as well as involvement with the packing operation as well at their extensive packing factory. The role offers a great deal of autonomy for the right individual with an excellent opportunity to be part of growing business and taken it through to its next strategic stage.
As you would expect, to be successful candidate in such a role, you will be reliable, trustworthy, conscientious, self-motivated and still be prepared to be a “hands on” practical Crop Manager when required.
What we want to see:
A broad understanding and background of practical farm management including veg and fresh produce ideally .
The ability to make decisions and delegate accordingly.
Numerate and IT literate.
Health and Safety literate.
Ability to work in a high pressure environment with changing priorities.
An enthusiastic and flexible team player with good interpersonal skills.
Potential ability to speak other EU languages especially French would be very advantageous.
Our client is offering a great package plus bonus, accommodation and vehicle for the right individual.
To have this type of exposure with this hugely progressive business in the African environment cannot be underestimated. With your 3-5 year+ experience of growing will enable you to flourish with this opportunity that is for sure!
To find out more, please apply today via this website or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 01284 715055 quoting ref: 4558M