Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (775)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (2)
- US: Deadline is February 1st for AFE Scholarship applications (1)
- Video: the distribution center of the future (1)
- Hydroponically grown chrysanthemum show good results in summer (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (3)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (4)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (7)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
Our client is a world class operator of modern greenhouses that produces a range of fresh products including tomatoes. The role offered provides an excellent opportunity for a driven and intelligent grower to progress his/her career and develop professionally. We are seeking a very well qualified individual, with a demonstrable track record of success (with 5 to 10 years of experience) in greenhouse tomato production, to join this prestigious operation in Australia.
The Senior Grower will report to the Head Grower and have overall responsibility for a specific greenhouse area. In the absence of the Head grower the senior grower takes accountability for the site.
- Overall management of tomato production at the facility
- Meeting and setting budgets, production forecasting, and ensuring the product is picked and packed to customer specifications
- Developing, managing, and mentoring the agronomy team to ensure the tomato production cycle is in line with forecasts and industry best practices are met/ implemented at all times
- Timely and pre-emptive management of factors which can detrimentally impact yield and quality
- Maintenance of accurate records, tracking tools, and dashboards
- Planning, implementing, and reporting growing and management strategies through to the operations team, General Manager, and others within the business
- Ensuring that the company maintains and builds on its market leading position including keeping abreast of industry trends, innovations, and growing strategies
Qualifications & Experience
- Ideally a Bachelor, or Master’s degree in a horti- / agricultural related discipline
- Our client is looking for candidates in an early/secondary stage of their career with 5 to 10 years of experience as a (senior) tomato grower in a mid to large greenhouse production facility.
- Good knowledge of tomato crop husbandry under glass (hydroponic production) including pests, diseases, viruses, crop protection, fertilization, etc.
- Demonstrable track record concerning tomato yields (i.e. on a kg/ m2 basis)
- Experience managing a labour force and other professionals (agronomy, operations, maintenance, etc.)
- Tomato production experience in hot climatic conditions
- Spoken and written professional English
- Suitable IT knowledge including: climate control systems and Microsoft Windows applications (minimally Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- A result oriented individual that favours a data driven approach to achieving production, earnings, and other key performance targets
- Attention to detail, and drive for excellence, with a heightened sense of urgency to quickly solve issues and proactively manage the responsibilities within the purview of the role
- A high level of honesty and integrity
- Hands-on, high energy, stress resistant and result oriented team player.
- Competitive and comprehensive salary package including private health insurance and company retirement contributions
- Bonus scheme based on company and individual targets
- A company vehicle
- Relocation allowance
- The preferred starting date of the new candidate is as soon as possible
Lutgo Recruitment in the Netherlands is the representative of this client for the recruitment, assessment and selection of candidates for this position.
Please send your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or A.vanMeekeren@Lutgo.com mentioning vacancy ref. no. Ref. 170001.