Job offersmore »
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Italian floriculture finds international platform
- Ecuador eager to break Guinness record with huge rose pyramid
- Kenya: Crowdfunded solar panels provide 50% of rose grower’s energy
- North America: Beekenkamp and Syngenta combine poinsettia portfolio
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Manager Product Development, location GB / United Kingdom
Our client is a respected berry, cherry and organic grower with its ‘home farm’ and main offices in the UK and with a number of farms also elsewhere in the world. Next to that, the company also designs, manufactures and supplies field scale polytunnels, tunnel covers, substrate systems and associated infrastructure to growers of high value crops in various global climatic circumstances in more than 40 countries worldwide. Innovation and partnership are at the center of all that our client does. They now employ over 600 permanent and 2800 seasonal staff worldwide.
The position in the organization
Our client searches a Head of Innovation who will take up the challenges in technics and development of the companies’ products in close co-operation with Sales to ensure a continuous and consistent focus on product improvements based on customer/user requirements.
You will report to the Managing Director Growing Systems and have the Head of Product Management, Head of Technical Support, all engineers and designers as your direct reports. Your key relationships comprise a wide range of different stakeholders:
The function description
- Drive and accelerate our clients’ Growing Systems’ market leadership through the development and rapid launch of industry leading products and services.
- Stimulate, facilitate and process ideas originating from contacts in the field, own farms, and the best designs of our competitors.
- Lead the process whereby people and processes are harmonized to achieve maximum speed, impact and performance. from product concept to final construction.
- Define and implement the new product development process
- Work with colleagues involved to project manage all aspects of multi-functional work for on-time launches
- Manage the organization to deliver products of robustness, simplicity, safety and cost effectiveness.
- Develop and execute global technical support strategy in order to maximize the customer impact of the team in all geographies
- An adequate and relevant Horticultural qualification at Bachelor or Master level (BSc./MSc.)
- A minimum of 5 year proven background in the hands-on, high-tech growing of soft fruit, preferably straw- and raspberries.
- Experience with or exposure to one or several of the following areas:
- The glass-/greenhouse, tunnel or substrate industries
- Product management and project management (preferably incl. product launches)
- Industrial design and new product development
- A good command of English in word and writing
- A proven people oriented team player & collaborator
- A ‘listener’ with strong interpersonal skills
- Proven leader and developer of talent
- Humility, energy, agility, pace
- Energetic and results oriented
- A problem solver who gets things done
- Capacity for creativity, but pragmatic about getting things done
- Strategic thinker
- Focused and attention to detail, but with a flexible mentality
- Inspired by the Haygrove aims and culture.
- Willing to live at the farm (5 kms. from the city of Cardiff)
Our client offers a good market salary and excellent terms of employment, incl. bonus, family housing facilities and family health insurance.
Lutgo Recruitment in the Netherlands is the representative of this client for the recruitment and selection of candidates for this position. Interested? React! Do you need more information, please contact Jan Meijer via telnr.: + 31 (0) 6 2245 8832.