Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (727)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (3)
- Meet Greenlife in the Netherlands (1)
- In search of a transportation proof Poinsettia (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Expo Agroalimentaria receives more interest from ornamental industry
- Danziger intrigues visitors at the FloraHolland Trade Fair
- "Limonica highly effective against thrips and whitefly"
- Europe and China sign cooperation agreement on plant variety rights
- US (MI): Walters Gardens nears completion of Acclimation Range
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
ABERFELDY NURSERIES LTD.
Is currently seeking applications for:
GREENHOUSE MANAGER/HEAD GROWER - BERMUDA
This position will join our team at the Aberfeldy Somerset Plant Production Nursery, holding the responsibility of overseeing all daily operations and to grow a wide variety of quality plant material for our busy Retail Garden Centre.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A proven track record in the production of Potted Flower, Indoor Topical Foliage, Seasonal Bedding and Woody Ornamental crops.
- Total knowledge and understanding of all water, fertilizers and growing mediums.
- Proficient in plant product scheduling, procurement, production and propagation.
- Complete understanding of greenhouse systems and environmental conditions.
- Ability to ensure day to day that all aspects of the greenhouse and buildings are maintained for structural integrity and maximum efficiency.
- Maintain accurate record keeping and files for inventory, plant orders, production schedules etc.
- Articulate exemplary team leadership skills to communicate with and supervise a small team of growers whilst providing education and development.
- Must have an entrepreneurial approach to all the above and the ability to problem solve in what can be a challenging industry on a small island.
Applicants must possess:
- Masters Degree or Bachelor of Science Degree in Horticulture and a minimum of 5 years in a similar position.
- Pesticide Applicators License
For more information please contact:
Phone: (441) 236-2927