Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (828)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (2)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
- Update from Dümmen Orange infected begonia cuttings (1)
- US: Congressman visits florist (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ref. Vacancy 170215
Function: Advisor / Consultant, location Southern Spain
Company: Ludvig Svensson
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Having started in a distant past as a textile company, in recent decades the Swedish enterprise Ludvig Svensson built up an excellent international reputation with innovative climate-and energy screens for modern greenhouse horticulture. For each greenhouse and growing, an appropriate solution is found. Presently the fourth generation is heading this international family business.
From the Dutch branch located in Hellevoetsluis, The Netherlands, the professional greenhouse cultivation in the world is served with expert advice and high-quality screens for energy saving and improvement of the growth environment in greenhouses. Teamwork, respect for the customer and top quality in product and advice are the base of the company culture. Additional key element in this is the ample room for personal development and growth of the staff.
ABOUT CLIMATE & ENERGY SCREENING
A better greenhouse climate will improve the growing conditions for flowers, plants and vegetables i.e. the success of the business. Through the application of climate screens, the grower gets the desired greenhouse climate for his specific crop. Its rational application will bring you the expected benefits, such as greater yields, higher quality and lower energy costs.
There are challenges to deal with to achieve the perfect conditions for plants. A perfect balance of UV-levels, humidity and temperatures must be obtained, even when outdoor conditions are changing. Flexibility is an important key.
The Ludvig Svensson screens can't affect outdoor conditions, but they are a valuable tool for managing and controlling the climate inside the greenhouse. As its functions are interlinked, knowledge of growing a crop and greenhouse climate control is key.
The pages at the website http://www.ludvigsvensson.com/climatescreens/tools/using-svensson-screens provide certain insight and help to Growers and Crop/Cultivation Managers to make their greenhouse operation more successful. It are the Ludvig Svensson advisors ./ consultants however to provide them with the further detailed and expert information and specific advice. Please see as well the short movie on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuD44G6mkSA .
ABOUT THE POSITION OF ADVISOR / CONSULTANT
So, in order to give proper, expert advice to greenhouse Growers in the world of ornamental and vegetable horticulture, our client Ludvig Svensson is searching for a Consultant Climate Screens with ample horti-technical experience in crop management and greenhouse horticulture. He/she has an independent, commercial profile and will for Ludvig Svensson be the consultant active with the Growers and Crop/ Cultivation managers in the assigned area, to give them screen- and climate expert advice.
On behalf of Ludvig Svensson, we are looking for someone with experience in crop- and greenhouse management and the right approach and personality.. He/she should have ample experience in modern high-tech greenhouse horticulture, with minimally a relevant Bachelor level background in a horticulture related faculty. It should be someone who speaks the language of the grower and becomes a respected sparring partner for Growers and Crop managers in the assigned area; in other words, someone knowledgeable, who contributes his share and opinion in discussions on crop growth, development and properties of the plants and the climatological conditions to steer their development.
Residence and citizenship of the candidate are not relevant. Experience and charisma is though. A good command of English and Spanish is a must
The function means frequent travelling within Spain. Our ideal candidate is not afraid to operate and move around independently; it is someone who likes to start new initiatives and who is successful in the development of relevant networks.
In addition to the technical horticultural knowledge and ‘green thumb/fingers’, a certain business acumen, empathic and negotiation skills are definitely a recommendation; a ‘hunter’s instinct’ and the will to win as well. Also a well developed sense of relationship management, linked to knowledge and understanding of financial matters, is very important. The candidate we are looking for is further a flexible and results-oriented personality; someone who grasps and understand issues and situations quickly and who maintains the overview on matters. Giving proper and timely feedback to the company in The Netherlands is of course a must.
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS TO THE POSITION
- A Bachelor working and thinking level, preferably from a horticulture related faculty at a respected university or vocational institution.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of proven experience in greenhouse horticulture / production.
- A feeling for commerce, new opportunities, and the drive to achieve results
- A good networker who ‘speaks the language of the greenhouse Grower’
- Product knowledge and insight in horti-technical aspects is important
- Good and convincing negotiator, empathic, with a sturdy personality
- Maintains in projects his view of the overall picture; also financially
- Collegial orientation, respects the principles and values of the company
- Independent, takes initiative, has no problem with frequent travelling
- Analytical , goal- and results-oriented
- A proficient command of both English and Spanish is a must
This is a versatile horti-technical (commercial) position, in a successful company with a well known name and excellent reputation in international greenhouse horticulture. It will be a demanding position, which is reflected in the level of the remuneration package.
If you are triggered by this vacancy and feel you meet the indicated requirements, then please send your letter of motivation and CV to Jan Meijer at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact him at +31 297 255 570 for any question you may have concerning this vacancy.