Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (727)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (3)
- Meet Greenlife in the Netherlands (1)
- In search of a transportation proof Poinsettia (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Expo Agroalimentaria receives more interest from ornamental industry
- Danziger intrigues visitors at the FloraHolland Trade Fair
- "Limonica highly effective against thrips and whitefly"
- Europe and China sign cooperation agreement on plant variety rights
- US (MI): Walters Gardens nears completion of Acclimation Range
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CID Bio-Science | Felix Instruments
Who we are
CID Bio-Science, Inc. has been designing and manufacturing portable instruments for plant scientists in Camas, Washington, for over 25 years. In 2012, we launched our sister company, Felix Instruments – Applied Food Science, to provide the fresh produce industry with tools to manage postharvest quality and shelf life. Our network of customers and partners includes: academic, government, and commercial plant scientists; growers and distributors of fresh produce; food quality assurance personnel; and postharvest researchers.
We’re looking for a passionate, friendly, and organized scientist to join our Sales team as an Application Scientist and Salesperson for both product lines. Our headquarters are in Camas, WA, just outside of Portland, Oregon. This is a headquarters-based position.
Who you are
You are an experienced plant scientist who enjoys speaking to. You are friendly and confident interacting with a wide range of people, from growers and farmers to academics and international customers. You work well with others but can manage your own projects. You are adaptable and quick to respond to emails and phone calls from sales leads. You have a firm foundational understanding of plant science and function and have applicable work experience. You have worked with scientific instrumentation and would be comfortable discussing experimental design and scientific principles with academics. You are competent traveling alone and are comfortable with public speaking.
- Travel to academic domestic and international conferences and commodity tradeshows to exhibit and promote product lines
- Ability to conduct training courses
- Provide technical insight into use of instruments in the field or lab
- Work with the Sales Administrator to move leads through the sales pipeline
- Discuss potential implementation of instrumentation with qualified leads
- Degree in Plant Biology, Plant Physiology, Horticulture, Agronomy, Postharvest Technology, or related field
- Master’s degree or five years related experience
- Familiarity with scientific instrumentation
- Strong understanding of plant biology
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with MS Office and Sales CRM database
- Availability and willingness to travel
- Experience in the agricultural industry
- Product development and/or market research experience
- Full-time position; wage commensurate with experience
- Benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K, Disability and Life Insurance
Send an email to with the subject “Application Scientist/Salesperson” to email@example.com with the following information:
- Current resume with three professional references.
- Cover letter outlining why you would like to work at CID Bio-Science and Felix Instruments and why you think you would be a great fit for this position.