Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1226)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ontario Plants Propagation Limited
Assistant Grower - Canada
Permanent, Full Time
Salary to be negotiated
At Ontario Plants Propagation Limited, our vision is to be Eastern North America’s premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants. In order to help us accomplish this goal, we need to hire motivated passionate people. With that in mind we are looking for an Assistant Grower whose primary responsibilities will be working with the growing team to ensure high quality vegetable seedlings. More specifically these duties would include responsibility for an assigned section of greenhouse under the direction of the Head Grower; and working with a cross functional team to ensure productivity and quality goals for assignments are met.
- Responsible for growing activities in an assigned section of the greenhouse; including irrigation, pest control; and monitoring and maintaining climate as directed.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity within the grafting team.
- Participate in quality and productivity improvement initiatives.
- Maintain and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Help maintain a safe and clean workplace.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary diploma in a related field
- Experience as a Supervisor or team lead an asset.
- Growing or greenhouse experience an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to create logically ordered objectives.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Greenhouse environment in rural area
- Ability to work shifts including weekends
- Ability to work long hours when required, especially during peak seasons.
- Ability to work in evenings when required to complete greenhouse checks.
- Working in high temperatures.
Fax: 519 637 2449
Subject title: Assistant Grower
**Only those meeting the requirements will be considered. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations throughout this process, please contact Human Resources via the methods above or at 519-637-2119.