Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (955)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Location Delta, British Columbia
As the Assistant Facility Manager/Grower you will be responsible for section(s) of the greenhouse while assisting the Regional Facility Manager in all phases of greenhouse operations including supervision and training of staff.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Management of all environmental, irrigation, fertilization & waste water controls
- Communicate with senior management on all aspects of the greenhouse
- Oversee bee and biological control programs
- Perform quality checks
- Prepare and track production costs
- Labour force cost management against budget
- Assist in managing all activities connected to the site, except packing
- Assist with all aspects of the crop including quality controls
- Ensure all required documentation is completed in a timely manner
- Responsible for the entire operation in the absence of the Facility Manager to maintain a clean, professional and safe site at all times (inside and out)
- Must be flexible in schedule to work evenings and weekends as needed. May be required to provide emergency response coverage.
- Conduct meetings with greenhouse staff on a regular basis and participate in Facility Manger meetings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must have good command of the English language, oral and written.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines; ability to multi‐task and work under pressure.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and decision‐making; analyze data and draw conclusions from it.
- Excellent problem‐solving skills and good negotiation techniques; recognize problems and troubleshoot effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel).
- Strong math skills
- Strong observation skills.
- Ability to document and present reports on seminars, conference and consultant visits.
- Ability to effectively teach and demonstrate various crop job skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Horticulture or related field
How to Apply
Fax resumes/applications to (604) 398‐3006 or email@example.com