Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (955)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
On behalf of Van Nifterik Green Career Consult is looking for a:
Factory Manager Assistant - China
efficiency, adaptability, empathy
Duty station: factory located in Huizhou, 2,5 hours drive from Guangzhou
Van Nifterik is a flourishing company with a team dedicated to developing the best and most beautiful plant support. They achieve this by: adding value, maintaining a good relationship with clients, complying with the highest quality standards, conducting in-house research and development and Ensuring flexible, fast, and reliable deliveries.
They are passionate about producing high-quality bamboo to support a variety of plants.
As an importer and wholesaler, they sell other horticultural support products too, such as grippers, metal shapes and bamboo varieties like split bamboo and tonkin sticks.
But bamboo is their passion. 'When we look at plants, the first thing we notice is the supports. We love bamboo and believe in this product.Ē
They produce plant support products in their own factory in Huizhou (GD province) China.
In order to achieve its objectives, Van Nifterik set up two companies in China in recent years, which are crucial to the entire supply chain.
Since 2010, the trading office in Guangzhou has been responsible for purchasing raw materials for plant sticks and semi-finished products and for coordinating transport to the Netherlands and other countries.
A production company was also set up to paint, plasticize and clip the bamboo sticks and to produce the racks.
Both companies were set up to ensure a reliable supply of products and to help them keep added value entirely in-house.
Their experience, short lines of communication, extensive network, and the many possibilities in China ensure that you have all of the necessary information, samples, and goods at your disposal.
This serves to increase the quality of our products and services.
The situation in China now is that they are working with about 120 till 150 people in the peak season with a stabile team of over 100 people during the year.
Management contains one Dutch factory manager with an (Chinese) assistant and factory purchasers in the office.
In the factory are floor-managers and people who are focusing on the quality of the material and production, manage the production. This team together with the employees working in the office in Guangzhou.
Van Nifterik is striving to have an efficient and structured planning and production.
Since the factory building is getting too small to operate, they are planning to move this year to a bigger factory.
So they can work more coordinated and with more overview which will give a better control on quality and can make the working way more efficient.
Since they are a company which is growing fast these last years and we still want to keep on growing in the coming years we are looking for:
Factory Manager Assistant - China
efficiency, adaptability, empathy
As right hand of the Dutch Factory Manager you will be responsible for improving production processes (production development) , planning and management activities.
You create efficiency (less material handling, know what is where at all times).
You are an All-round colleague who is responsible for the supply chain, quality control and manage the production personnel. You create Commitment to the company and all of the team you working with
Your Skill and Expertise
To be successful in China in the factory of Van Nifterik itís important to have the following skills, expertise and experience:
- Creativity finding solutions and improvements in the process.
- Ability to set a structure and instruct others to follow this
- Having a good intuition about people, to get the best out of them; understand cultural differences.
- Discipline and focus on the part where attention is needed
- Keep the big picture in mind and take actions to get there.
- Flexible when needed and Quick response
- Customer minded and determined to get customer satisfaction
- Be able to stand your ground and be persistent and dedicated
- A BSc degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Agro or closely related disciplines
- Ability to perform routine equipment maintenance, management and minor repairs.
- The ability to use data to recommend and implement process improvements that enhance efficiency and quality.
- Ability to plan ahead, trouble-shoot, anticipate and solve problems and manage multiple tasks at a time.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead and hold direct and non-direct personnel accountable for meeting daily, weekly and monthly goals.
- An eye for improvement: you will continuously work to improve operating efficiencies, increase learning and develop new skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, Chinese is a pre
- Willing to work 6 days a week: Monday till Friday : 08:00 - 19:00 and Saturday 08:00 - 17:00
- You are presently located, or willing to relocate to China (region Guangzhou, Guangdong)
Van Nifterik offers
You will get a job with freedom and responsibility within an entrepreneurial company focused on horticultural success.
You join a team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you
You will be located in challenging and fascinating China
Be eligible to work in China Van Nifterik will support you in this matter (working permit, etc.)
Is this your dream job?
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Green Career Consult directly,
via Mr. Johan Grootscholten, Senior Consultant, mobile: +31 (0)6 38976049.