Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1077)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (3)
- Ukraine: Flowers still popular despite high prices (1)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (3)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (12)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (106)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (9)
- Cut, stick and check with the new Cutting & Planting 1800 (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (5)
- Indian farmer successfully shifts to gerbera cultivation (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
National Nursery Manager - Driscoll’s Australia Pty Ltd
- Attractive Remuneration Pkg + Incentives
- Employer Sponsorship + Relocation
- Senior leadership role
- Fast-paced growth business
Driscoll’s Australia is an exciting joint venture company owned by Driscoll’s (USA) – the world’s market leader in berries and Costa – Australia’s leading integrated growing and marketer of premium quality fresh produce. Partnering with a broad grower base across a national footprint, Driscoll’s Australia supplies year round delicious, branded berries to consumers using exclusively patented varieties developed by our joint venture partners breeding programs. Since our inception we have successfully achieved significant yearly growth and market share, enabling us to become the market leader in our category.
As the business continues to rapidly expand its market share through strong investment in technological advances in new production systems, an opportunity has arisen for a senior operations manager to join our leadership team in this newly created role. Reporting directly to the GM, you will be responsible for executing three core deliverables, including; the oversight of our day-to-day in-house nursery and third party operations and delivery of high quality plant material to our growers; the strategic planning and execution of in-house nursery expansion and capital projects; and the management of our R&D with a focus on the commercialisation of new nursery technologies. Specifically, your key objectives will also encompass:
- Enhanced Nursery Systems: Developing and executing the internal nursery strategy and plans to reinforce our core nursery systems and capabilities.
- Managing Capital Projects: Identification of nursery expansion opportunities and the management and timely execution of capital projects.
- Supply Planning & Execution: Conducting regular capacity analysis and strategic planning to ensure fulfilment of long term commercial supply targets.
- Leadership: Providing sound leadership and guidance to nursery operations and technical teams ensuring aligning between operational and long term strategic supply plans. Implementing robust production planning systems utilising cost effective labour, equipment and resources whilst delivering timely and high quality plant delivery outputs.
- Safety & Environment: Promoting high standards of workplace health and safety and environmental compliance and implementation of key strategic initiatives and programs.
- Plant Health & Quality: Implementing stringent plant quality and Clean Stock Protocols at an operational level to ensure the delivery of high quality plant material.
A detailed Position Description can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications in Business or Economics, or Agricultural Science is preferred but not essential
- Demonstrated experience and evidence of successfully managing large-scale capital projects
- Previous experience in senior leadership role managing large scale farm or nursery operations
- Ability to travel both interstate and internationally on a regular basis
In return you will be joining a highly successful and rapidly growing business in a challenging yet rewarding role and an opportunity for you to make a real impact. At your resource, will have access to both strong operational and technical teams (both locally and globally) to provide you with support to achieve your key deliverables as well as working in a fast-paced environment where you can exercise fully autonomous decision-making in related operational matters.
To apply please submit your application to email@example.com or for a confidential discussion please contact (03) 8363 0927