Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Bidens & Calibrachoa take center stage at Danziger Flower Trials display (7)
- US (OK): Specialty crop grants available (7)
- Anthura reintroduces Cypripedium in Switzerland (7)
- US (CA): Flower farms threatened by fires (7)
- Guatemala: Dümmen Orange worried about missing employees (12)
- Why B.C.’s floriculture industry is blooming in challenging times (12)
- China: Oboya signs broad cooperation agreement (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials (13)
- Australia: Pesticide usage and effective phytotoxicity management (13)
- Little robot looks after plants (12)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (SD): Family reflects on 47 years in the greenhouse business
- Denmark: New series of bio roses named with champagne
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Australia: "Imported flowers carry pests that risk agriculture industries"
Exchange ratesmore »
POSITION: Horticultural Specialist
Type: Full Time
Report: VP of Research
Location: Emeryville, CA, USA
Package: Salary, health insurance (medical, dental, FSA), non-matching 401k, and stock options
At LumiGrow, we’re working to solve the world’s food and energy challenges by revolutionizing greenhouse lighting. Our systems empower growers to increase yield and crop quality at reduced energy cost. The Company’s 3,000+ installations include global agribusinesses, top produce and flower growers, more than 200 universities, and the USDA.
At LumiGrow, you will have the opportunity to become a part of something that has never been done before – to join the leader in an explosively growing industry and science. Join our team of talented engineers, software developers, plant researchers, and thought leaders. We commit to inspiring growth for our employees, which we believe empowers growth for our customers.
It takes a talented team to do something this big. We look forward to meeting you!
The Horticultural Specialist will be a member of the LumiGrow Research Team developing customer lighting trials, meeting with commercial growers, and collaborating with universities and research centers, in order to provide customer support. She/he will manage their own trials and work closely with the Marketing and Sales Team to write and clarify content for public and internal release.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with the Research Team and customers to develop lighting trials that answers questions associated with plant production. Duties will include:
- Design, execute, analyze, and report on a range of horticultural trials.
- Participate in Research strategies associated with product development.
- Maintain detailed records of protocols and outcomes.
- Interpret and analyze results and, based on prior results, contribute to the development of grower recommendations and procedures.
- Be comfortable presenting findings in a variety of formats, from informal group meetings to large conferences and webinars.
- Collaborate with our Marketing Team to generate content that will be of value to our customer base.
- Provide technical support for other departments within LumiGrow to support and educate the teams.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Horticulture or equivalent experience in a production greenhouse
- Experience growing plants with LEDs a plus
- Proficient in with statistical analysis, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong team member and interest in collaboration
- Able to meet deadlines on time under minimal supervision
- Language: Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the US
- May be required to work non-traditional hours on occasion
- Must reside in the Bay Area
- Must be available to travel to locations, primarily within the United States and Canada, to meet with commercial growers to understand and advise growers on production goals
Interpersonal Skills Requirements
- Passionate about changing the way the world grows plants
- Integrity, resourcefulness and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong project management, organizational skills, and keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated, able to generate new ideas, and follow through to completion
- Excellent people skills, an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude
Apply herein or email the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the title for this position (“Your name — Horticultural Specialist”) in the subject line of your email. Please consider sending a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and resume with qualifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. LumiGrow does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, sex or gender (which includes gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, LumiGrow prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws. For information about the types of conduct that constitute unlawful harassment and the Company’s internal procedures for addressing complaints of harassment, please refer to the Company’s Policy against Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation in this Handbook.
To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, LumiGrow will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result.