Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Title: NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ASST MANAGER
Maintain all aspects of new plants and systems for future introduction. Demonstrate the ability to optimize the evaluation, growth of plants and speed to introduction to fully leverage capabilities and grow our market leading position within the global marketplace.
- Maintain small lots of new plants for evaluation purposes.
- Manage four acres of containerized production
- Manage 20 acres of field production
- Propagate new plant varieties for possible introduction per protocol.
- Maintain/grow the cutting wood for optimum cutting production and future introductions.
- Plan / schedule / evaluate / follow-up work progress and prioritize work activities.
- Maintain daily record keeping activities in order to monitor work crew efficiency and workflow.
- Maintain detail inventory counts of all on hand material
- Maintain and repair equipment and facilities used in new plant production.
- Work with the Stock Manager and General Manager to coordinate activity needs requiring a larger workforce.
- Work with Breeding Assistant Manager to facilitate needed breeding stock plant propagation
- Work with President, New Product Development Manager, General Manager, Plant Breeder, Stock and R&D Manager, and Finished Grower Support Manager on evaluation of all genetics
- Documents all aspects of evaluation
- Receive plants from worldwide breeder network
- Tag new varieties from seedling production and get into growing/evaluation systems
- Source industry standard genetics for comparison
- Source all competing brand genetics for comparison
- Trial different finished growing protocols (PGR, flower color, lights, forcing, etc.)
- Develop growing procedures and propagation techniques
- Provide plant material of all proprietary varieties for various events
- Determine long term personnel needs for growing department
- Provide on-going training to departmental employees – efficient work procedures, safety policies and procedures, etc.
- Participate on safety committee
- Assess the performance of departmental employees – provide regular feedback on daily activities; administer disciplinary action, as needed
- Responsible for written documentation of all related policies and procedures.
- Work with all departments to accomplish common tasks; team player.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Follow Spring Meadow Nursery Safety Policy
- Two to three on call weekends per year
To Apply: Matt@SpringMeadowNursery.com