Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (454)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (4)
- In 2016 we visited 26 trade shows and shot 5,054 pictures! (1)
- Kenyan rose production falls short of international demand (2)
- China gets slap on the wrist for illegal copying Dutch varieties (1)
- US: Growers respond to GM petunia news (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Brazil: Despite crisis, opportunities for growth
- How the bumblebee coincidentally saved the greenhouse industry
- US (CA): Monterey County helps former flower growers switch to marijuana
- NL: Cut flower prices under pressure by warm weather and French holiday
- Chrysanthemum blooming test of Royal van Zanten Colombia
Top 5 - last week
- Wabara expands into new markets with exclusive partnerships
- US (IL): Sunshine delphinium named in honor of John Simko
- Father and sons team harvests sunflowers for British Flowers Week
- Germany: VB Group builds 'Elite' greenhouse for Dümmen Orange
- Wildfire transitions to full hydroponic rose cultivation
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Annuals and Perennials
US (IL): Darwin Perennials Day draws 500+ visitorsThe Darwin Perennials Day was blessed with great weather this Wednesday. With 30 perennial and hard goods vendors to meet with, there was a lot to do. The Darwin Perennials, Kieft Seed, Star Roses and Plants, Ball Seed WebTrack, and Mixed Perennial Combo demonstrations were under tents in case of rain – and.....
Costa Farms recommends perennials for summer butterfly gardeningGardeners dream of a perennial border that gets bigger and better every year – and attracts bees, butterflies, and other pollinators. It may be easier than you think to design and create a lush (but low-maintenance) garden.“You have so many gorgeous perennials to choose from if you want to attract.....
NL: Arend Roses reintroduces Talea+ and Prima Donna+Under the name ‘Varieties of Excellence’, Arend Roses reintroduces two large-flowered roses in week 25: Talea + and Prima Donna +. By demand from the trade and appreciation for these quality roses, Arend Roses reintroduces both varieties from breeder Dümmen Orange. From Monday, June 19th, the roses are.....
UK: Overwintered perennials create new market opportunitiesTrials show overwintering crops of herbaceous perennials could provide bedding plant growers with potential new market opportunities, as impulse purchases for consumers in early spring.Familiar herbaceous perennials have shown potential to be overwintered to encourage flowering earlier in the season, without.....
Genetically modified petunias in AustraliaThe Gene Technology Regulator (the Regulator) has become aware that unauthorised genetically modified (GM) petunias have entered the Australian and international markets. The GM petunias have been marketed under the names African Sunset, Trilogy Red, Trilogy Mango and Trilogy Deep Purple. The petunias have.....
Out-of-the-box marketing at Danziger Flower TrialsAt Flower Trials 2017, Danziger will reveal a new strategy to take its top-of-the-line breeding and production to the next level, including marketing to create consumer brands from varieties such as its Amore™ Petunia.A series of marketing activities will kick off around Flower Trials 2017, June 13-16.Amore:.....
new greenhouse for Foliera (Canada)
"We can finally meet the demand again""With this new greenhouse we can finally meet the demand again", says Lisa Kouwenberg of Foliera, a Canadian potted tropical plant farm. They are currently in the middle of their spring season, and their new 7900m2 is filled of plants that are gradually being shipped out to independent garden centers, food.....
The advantage of bare root crapemyrtlesBeginning spring of 2018, Walters Gardens are adding a #1 Grade bare root size for all of their Crapemyrtle varieties. Similar to the advantages of bare root Hibiscus, this new size for Crapemyrtles finishes twice as fast as a 20ct plug, producing a fuller container with easier inputs.One of their premium.....
Sales tips for the bedding plants seasonThe season for bedding plants is well underway. As the weather gets sunnier, people get in the mood for buying bedding plants and want to bring some colour to their gardens. Because of this, more and more shops are filled with an abundance of welcoming colours and flowers. Unfortunately, the weather in.....
US (LA): Landscape plants featured at Jenkins lectureHorticulture experts from Louisiana and Mississippi presented information on their latest recommendations for landscape plants during the 5th Annual Margie Jenkins Azalea Garden Horticulture Lecture Series and industry spring open house at the LSU AgCenter Hammond Research Station on May 12.Gary Bachman of.....
What are the best growing media for outdoor perennials?When growing outdoor plants, you need a growing medium which drains very well, as it may rain and it could over water your pots. Best solution would be to use a bark-based growing medium as it drains really well and your plant roots won't be overly watered. Coir-based growing media are also a good solution.....
China to build CO2 absorbing green towers to tackle smogVIDEO China is building vertical forests that will produce 60 kg of oxygen a day. According to this video, the towers will be home to more than 1,100 trees and 2,500 plants and will absorb 25 tons of CO2 every year.
by Joyce Latimer