Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (454)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (4)
- In 2016 we visited 26 trade shows and shot 5,054 pictures! (1)
- Kenyan rose production falls short of international demand (2)
- China gets slap on the wrist for illegal copying Dutch varieties (1)
- US: Growers respond to GM petunia news (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Brazil: Despite crisis, opportunities for growth
- How the bumblebee coincidentally saved the greenhouse industry
- US (CA): Monterey County helps former flower growers switch to marijuana
- NL: Cut flower prices under pressure by warm weather and French holiday
- Chrysanthemum blooming test of Royal van Zanten Colombia
Top 5 - last week
- Wabara expands into new markets with exclusive partnerships
- US (IL): Sunshine delphinium named in honor of John Simko
- Father and sons team harvests sunflowers for British Flowers Week
- Germany: VB Group builds 'Elite' greenhouse for Dümmen Orange
- Wildfire transitions to full hydroponic rose cultivation
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NL: IAA-Fresh to sponsor Flower Bulb Junior TournamentThis year, IAA-Fresh again decided to sponsor the HTC (Hillegomse Tennis Club, Hillegom is a village in Holland) Flower Bulb Junior Tournament (ITF Juniors). This tournament, to take place right in the heart of the Dutch main bulb production area, attracts young talent from all over the world, including.....
US (IL): Darwin Perennials Day draws 500+ visitorsThe Darwin Perennials Day was blessed with great weather this Wednesday. With 30 perennial and hard goods vendors to meet with, there was a lot to do. The Darwin Perennials, Kieft Seed, Star Roses and Plants, Ball Seed WebTrack, and Mixed Perennial Combo demonstrations were under tents in case of rain – and.....
UK: Visitors vote for retail inspiration ideas at the National Plant ShowVisitors to the HTA National Plant Show, sponsored by Hortipak, and Nursery Supply Show which took place this week at Stoneleigh Park in Warwickshire voted for their most inspiring retail stands and concepts at the events.The winner of the Planting the Seed Award, which highlights stand displays that capture.....
Consumer perceptions of production practices that aid pollinator healthDeclining pollinator insect populations has become an important environmental concern in recent years. Despite widespread awareness, consumer perceptions of production practices (i.e., natural and organic) and effects on pollinator health are not well understood.A new study assessed consumer perceptions of.....
US: Sakata matches AFE donations during '40 Days of Summer Giving'Sakata Seed America has teamed up with the American Floral Endowment (AFE) for a "40 Days of Summer Giving" campaign in celebration of Sakata's 40th anniversary.For 40 days – July 10 to Aug. 18 – contributions made to AFE will be matched dollar-for-dollar by Sakata up to $10,000. That means up to $20,000 to.....
Harris Seeds launches blog for vegetable & flower growersHarris Seeds has launched a new blog, “From the Ground Up” to provide helpful growing advice, cultural tips and techniques as well as inspiration for vegetable and flower growers, operators of farms, roadside stands, greenhouses and farmers’ markets. Its primary objective is to share valuable and relevant.....
Father and sons team harvests sunflowers for British Flowers WeekAhead of British Flowers Week, early sunflowers were harvested for Waitrose, by a father and sons team in the Lincolnshire Fens, near Spalding. Henry and Charles Robinson are the sixth generation of flower growers, working on their 147 year old family farm, with their father Richard. The Robinson's farm has.....
UK: Bradley florist urges people to buy BritishA Bradley based artisan florist is marking this week's British Flowers Week by urging people to buy home grown blooms.And, Susan Dobson, of The Yorkshire Dales Flower Company, will be offering discounts for her autumn workshop on bookings placed before the week is out.Her workshops, which take place at her.....
Romeo Sommers is the Creative Head of the IPM Hotspot
"Family Garden" is the subject of Hortivation 2018In 2018, Hortivation will take place as a hotspot at IPM Essen at Messe Essen from January 23 to 26. Now, the subject has been decided: Innovative sales ideas will be introduced under the term of "Family Garden". Attention will centre on technology. What is already being utilised successfully on a large.....
Switzerland helps create 'garden therapy' centre in Poland"Gardens provide an environment that stimulates many senses; the patient can smell the scents of flowers and plants, touch them, and even get pricked by thorns," says biological scientist Bozena Szewczyk-Taranek, who has created a horticultural therapy training course at the Agricultural University of.....
Bayer celebrates Pollinator WeekWhile all eyes are on the bees, Bayer wants to say thank you to the professors conducting research, the gardeners ordering wildflower seeds, the schools planting gardens, the young beekeepers pursuing their dreams, and the thousands of people who have expressed interest in the future of bee health online and.....
Schoolchildren win Golden Flower Bulb awardFour classes of schoolchildren - one class each in England, the Netherlands, Germany, and Canada - are the lucky winners of the 2017 Golden Flower Bulb Award. They won this award by participating in the Bulbs4Kids flower bulb project.Bulbs4KidsThese four classes received the 2017 Golden Flower Bulb Award.....
Winning five florists display show-stopping blooms
Celebrate the cream of the floral crop this British Flowers WeekWith summer upon us, British Flowers Week (Monday 19th – Sunday 25th June) brings together independent florists, wholesalers, flower growers and consumers to celebrate the very best of UK talent and raise awareness of British flowers. Run by the UK’s premier floral wholesaler, the Flower Market at New Covent.....
June 24-27, Frankfurt